Legends of Amarna
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

CboxSeason
Summer, Year 1

As the mild spring fades into summer, it is realized that a drought is beginning. Rather than watering the grass, the sky is a solid blue. Beautiful, but hot. Showers become less and less frequent through the months, and a foreboding is felt in the air. While wetter climates still experience showers, it is not quite enough to keep the grass green and the foliage lush. Smaller creeks shrink to a trickle, and large rivers become narrower. While things aren't completely dry, fires become more frequent, and the dessert becomes a wasteland. Hopefully times will begin looking up, but as the summer wears on, promise of a respite dwindles.
Reserved A Devil in the Midst of Angels
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 6
Wilder
Aeoloni
I could not have made it this far
had there not been angels along the way.

Feeling the chill air play through her brilliant red locks, the woman made her way towards the castle. She had stayed in equine form until she was within sight of the building, but as the lights gently illuminating the area came within sight, she had allowed herself to become human. The feeling was odd to her, she was used to walking on four legs. Though she had been human before, it had been centuries since she last had need for such a small and fragile body. Her land was where equines ruled, and humans did not walk. It was the way of things, and while other realms had different rules, she had no need to travel to any of them for such a long time that they were distant memories in her mind.

As she neared the gates to the main courtyard, the gentle amber lights illuminated the walkway, letting the gently falling snow and the breath from her nostrils create a mystical effect. She was wearing a warm draping shawl over her flowing purple dress, and the amethyst pendant, given to her by her mate, Jostaki, hung from a swirling crystalline circlet upon her head. She looked beautiful this evening, however, she still found the human form awkward and lanky. She would adjust quickly enough, but it was definitely not her ideal shape. She would much prefer her equine form, but she also liked the idea of wearing a fitted gown to the ball.

Crossing through the courtyard, intricate statues adorning the path, she made her way to the ballroom door and entered, looking for familiar faces. While she was new to the land, perhaps she would see someone she had known from the past, or maybe Jostaki. With that, her heart leapt with longing. How she missed him! But alas! That was not how things were supposed to be. Not yet anyways. She still hoped and prayed that he would show up in the mortal world, but it was up to him and her king. She would not force the fact, and if she was meant to live years without him, she would, even though it would be with a hidden sense of longing.

Brushing the sudden onset of emotion aside, she walked over the threshold and studied the room. There were already several others milling about, both in human and shifted forms, and they were wearing beautiful gowns, dashing suits, and all manner of wintry decor. Making her way towards the back of the room, she decided that she would grab a fluted glass of champagne. While she preferred the rich flavor of red wine, a light, fizzy drink seemed a good way to set the mood. She would not let her longing for Jostaki or Alahna get to her, not tonight. Tonight was meant for fun, and she desperately knew she needed to lighten up.

Carrying the flute of wine, she adjusted her hair and made her way delicately onto the floor, searching to see if there was anyone she would recognize. She had not signed up for a blind date... such an act seemed wrong considering she was bonded to another... but she had no problem mingling. If she didn't recognize anyone, she would approach those she didn't know and start small talk. Connections were good, friends were better. Besides, there was no better way to make friends than reaching out and talking to someone new.

Word Count: 571 | OOC: Let the Drama Begin! | Tags: Syrinatie Roelle Serus Vapos
x | x
Male
Immortal Years
Wilder
Devil Equine
Homeless
Pansexual
Threads: 2
Wilder

Who let the devil out?

Serus was bored, his date was taking a while to arrive and when he got bored he wanted to amuse himself more.  With a totally-on-accident-but-not-really devilish grin, he flicked a finger over to a couple who was dancing, tying their legs together with his shadow tendrils.  Only, it didn't work thanks to this form being alien to him still and with that, his magic focus wasn't working as usual.  Not to worry, he always had other tricks up his sleeves.  As a servant walked by with food and wine, Serus made such a smooth move to push the poor man up to another who had such fine taste in fabric that would no doubt stain.

As the woman ranted at the poor man that he had pushed, Serus sipped the wine that he couldn't very well taste at all.  Only blood could sate him, but he would amuse himself as well as humor those who hosted this ball.  "Oh enough squaking, precious.  It was my fault my dear," he finally said to the woman.  He sat the wine glass back into the tray just as the woman looked at him with both fear and disgust.  Serus grinned, his fangs and orange eyes now making him look menacing.  "Like what you se, lovely?"

He knew how creepy he was being, but only to adults since anyone younger was off limits.  Too messy.  The woman huffed at him before stomping out of the ballroom no doubt to change, her - perhaps husband? - man date following after her.

With a snap of his fingers, the dark matter that surrounded him suddenly billowed up high and across the ceiling, making the room dark a little but more than enough for the mortals to see.  "Oops...how careless of me.  Still getting used to this form and all."

Aeoloni Syrinatie Roelle | OOC: He's talking to a woman NPC btw x)

Table by Camy
Female
Immortal (appears 25) Years
Vata
Appaloosa/pegasus
Perigrin Port
Demisexual
Threads: 3
Vata
Rina smiled as she wandered around the ballroom, wondering if she knew anyone here. Her green dress moved with her and the gold she'd chosen to wear to compliment it went well as an ensemble. Something caused the hair on the back of her neck to stand up and she couldn't help but feel like something wasn't right. She hadn't met a lot of other people here but something felt evil to her. She'd felt this before, a demon.

She noticed a woman with bright red hair who, when she let her magic out, she discovered it was Aeo. The other angel looked stunning in human form and Rina had to wonder if she possessed the ability to change back into her equine form still. This land was very strange indeed. She kept her eyes pealed for signs of the demon and noticed dark matter creeping up the walls. She bet if she could find the source of that dark matter, she'd find the demon and while she might not be much of a fighter, she did have magic that could maybe help the lost soul who'd given into the evil.

Making her way over to Aeo, she grinned. "I see you discovered your human form though don't look now but I think there's a demon in our midst." The last part was spoken quietly so as not to draw attention to them. She heard a voice and her attention was immediately drawn to a male whos appearance screamed dangerous to her and she tried inconspicuously to draw the other angels attention to him. She could feel her wings trying to appear but she fought it down, not wanting to give away what she was lest they warn him and he fled. "It's a beautiful ball don't you think?" She observed.

"Talk."
Tags: Aeoloni Serus Vapos
Notes: Apparently Rina is more observant that I give her credit for

”Azariae talks"

Her Halo is Broken,
But there’s fight in Her eyes
image | coding
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 6
Wilder
Aeoloni
I could not have made it this far
had there not been angels along the way.

Floating through the room, feet shod in short heels, woman sipped her champagne. Her choice in shoes made her already tall and slender frame appear taller, and while she was not the tallest person in the room, she was certainly on the tall end for being a woman. As she sipped her champagne silently, she felt a cold chill crawl down her spine. Her intuition wasn't as strong as it used to be, but something told her that things were amiss. It had to be in the room, she didn't think it would be strong enough to sense things elsewhere.

Pausing, she looked around casually, trying to find where the commotion must be coming from without destroying the composed air she was trying to put on. As she glanced around the room, azure eyes scanning the crowd, they halted on a woman, dress covered in red wine, glaring at a wraith-like figure. Smoke seemed to be billowing out of him, and he wore a cheshire grin upon his maw, showing exposed fangs. Instinctively her right hand went to her left hip, searching for the blade that was not there. Of course she would not bring it to such an event, and even then, she should not use it unless necessary. Perhaps it was like it was on Caeleste where those who had evil visages could be anywhere on the spectrum of good or evil, but the cold shiver climbing down her spine told her that may not be the case.

Just as she regained a bit of her lost composure, turning slightly to the left, she saw an old acquaintance, Syrinatie. Syrinatie was wearing a long green dress complimented with gold jewelry. It was nice to see a familiar face, and she doubted it was coincidence to see her here now.

"I see you discovered your human form though don't look now but I think there's a demon in our midst." With that, Aeoloni gave a slight nod of her head, her brilliant red curls bouncing slightly with the motion. "Yes, I was able to figure it out when I found you on the beach in human form. It was surprising, but this land is strange." Her tone was even when she spoke, but her eyes sparkled with an intensity the rest of her features tried to hide. "As for the demon... I sensed him a bit ago, and spotted someone causing mischief right before running into you. Still, I can't be sure, not with the weakening of my powers. Maybe he is a mortal in an unfortunate body?" As she continued her voice had lowered so the other people in the room would be unable to hear her words without obviously prying. It would make sense if he was just a mortal in an unfortunate body, but why the haze? Why the mischief?

Word Count: 474 | OOC: Let the Drama Begin! | Tags: Syrinatie Roelle Serus Vapos
x | x
Male
Immortal Years
Wilder
Devil Equine
Homeless
Pansexual
Threads: 2
Wilder

Who let the devil out?

Too fun, oh so fun!  His shadows were creeping some party goers out already but it wasn't enough.  Although some thought they were part of it.  Interesting!  He walked through the crowd, giving dashing smiles to those who greeted him and as he greeted others.  Some made two and two together and looked at him oddly or in fear.  "Relax, I only eat pesky mammals."  A lie, he would eat anyone and if he were in his actual form, it would be even more delicious seeing their reactions!

Some ladies, and men, came up to him, drawn.  Nothing unusual, although he didn't like how they crowded up on him.  "Easy, easy, I know I'm devilishly handsome, but form a line.  I have much to do."  With a snap of his fingers behind his back, he send other shadow matter elsewhere, purposely making a mess on the food table and messing up some of the musicians by turning the sheet music or nudging their instruments.  One had to build up, and up, and up until a finale.  He never cut corners.  Ever....unless he was bored out of his damned mind.  Right now though?  Amusement to the brim, especially when some of the drinks were spilled out of fright while some were not amused by the shadows he controlled.

"Now, who else to bother...," he mumbled before sipping some of the wine.  It was bitter.  Disgusting, he preferred sweet wine but he had a part to play in this ball of make believe.

Aeoloni Syrinatie Roelle | OOC: Gdi Serus lol

Table by Camy