Legends of Amarna
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

CboxSeason
Autumn, Year 1

Summer had a tight grip, and as it slowly fades into Autumn, the drought continues. While the temperatures cool slightly, and the fires diminish, the scent of smoke lingers in the breeze. There are fall showers, but they are few and far between, and it is as if the earth longs for some hint of a respite. Even cooler climates feel the change, and the snow that usually begins falling hesitates. When will this end? Only time can tell what will happen, but hopefully the weather will let up soon.
Open High Maintenance
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Straight Egyptian Arabian
Tabar Domain
Polysexual
Threads: 2
Wilder
Akoren Iseret Bakari
Priestess of Serqet

"Oomf!"

The black and gold scorpion woman tumbled out of the portal, rolling across the grass in a manner that could only be described as an unceremonious mess, and certainly something that was ill-fitting for a regal creature such as herself.

"Ahh!"

The rough yelp of a hound soon followed, and a black and gold mass of muscle lay sprawled out over the woman's back, legs tangled in the gold strands of her hair and the chains draped over her.

The pair struggled to untangle themselves but eventually managed to do so, although it did leave the scorpion woman's hair in an utter mess, something of which caused a horrified expression to taint her features.

"Oh my Ra, Sekhet, look at this!! I don't have anyone to brush it for me anymore, look at what you've done!" 

"Sorry, Mistress..."

"No you're not. Now, help me!"

At the demanding tone, the jackal gave a disgruntled huff and turned her nose up, looking away from her mistress until she heard the stamp of a demanding hoof. Slowly, Sekhet turned to look back at the woman sheepishly to see that she was already lowering herself to the ground, and with a sigh, she walked over to her and began to carefully use her paws to comb out the mass of golden hair.

"Thank you." The words were curt, however, as Iseret lay with her legs curled into herself and held her head slightly higher than one would normally see in an equine. Sekhet merely sighed silently to herself as she continued to tend to the brushing the best she could.

Clearly, Iseret had not thought about how this would look should someone happen upon them, but Sekhet was not about to bring that up; if her mistress was going to be in a demanding mood, she wasn't going to put herself in the firing line of her attitude. That was a headache she could happily do without.

If having everything that I want is wrong,
I don't wanna be right.
SpeaksThinksSounds LikeSekhet Speaks
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 6
Wilder
Aeoloni
I could not have made it this far
had there not been angels along the way.

Here the violet-tipped woman was again, the place that had brought her entrance to the lands of Aspasia. It was a strange place, stranger than Caeleste had been, but she was already settling in... even if she missed her hatchling, her mate, her old friends... none of that now though. She didn't want to re-enter the depressive slump she'd been finding herself sinking in as of late. Her life seemed a bit of a mess and while nothing was really wrong, well, beyond missing everyone she held dear... even Thumbilina had vanished again it seemed... everything was fine.

Walking through the grass, she felt the chill winter air blow against her hide. It was nippy, yet not frigid. The nearby ocean offered reprieve from the snow, and the grass was a brilliant green. It was cold, but rainy and just warm enough for the grass to flourish, apparently even in the winter. She supposed it was just how things worked on the coast. She wondered if it ever snowed here. Likely, even if it was very rarely.

Making her way towards the stone portals, she thought she might study them. She had been meaning to do so for some time, but had somehow found herself distracted. Perhaps today would be the day. Maybe they'd even lead her to Alahna. Just as she entered the central stone ring, she paused as a voice floated loudly, and rather proudly through the air. "Oh my Ra, Sekhet, look at this!! I don't have anyone to brush it for me anymore, look at what you've done!" Then an answer from someone else, then again, "No you're not. Now, help me!" This caught the woman's surprise, and she wandered towards the voices. The accent had a bit of a middle-Eastern lilt to it, and upon reaching a spot where she could see the woman clearly, she thought her to be quite the curiosity. While she was adapted to odd looking equines, herself included, she had never seen one with a scorpion's tail. She wondered if there would be venom, and if it would be just as deadly as a scorpion's tail, or if it was simply for appearance's sake. She also saw a rather lithe dog. Both had intricate gold markings, and the mare seemed decked out in gold jewelry. She also held her head proudly.

However, in spite of their strange appearances, she also noted that the canine was frantically brushing the woman's mane. This kept getting stranger and stranger. She was slightly awe-struck, curious, and had had her composure just a little knocked off center by the sight. She wanted to ask what was going on, but at the same time though better of it. Rather she just stood there looking at them, eyes wide with surprise. That poor dog.

Word Count: 467 | OOC: I got 2am brain going on xD! | Tags: Iseret
x | x
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Tabar Domain
Polysexual
Wilder
Akoren Iseret Bakari
Priestess of Serqet

Looking more like a sphynx in the way she sat, Iseret barely moved at all as Sekhet combed through the knots in her mane, the wavy golden strands glittering brilliantly beneath the sun, such a stark contrast against her dark skin, yet the colours complimented each other so wonderfully. They were truly a pair to see, there was no doubt in that. But, slowly, Sekhet began to cease her combing as she felt eyes of another landing upon them.

"Mistress."
"Keep going, you're not done."
"Mistress."
"Ugh, what?!"

Sekhet had stopped her combing completely now as she attempted to inform her mistress of the eyes that watched them, but of course, she hadn't wanted to listen straight away; she never did. But, at feeling that Sekhet had stopped alongside repeating 'Mistress', the regal woman opened her eyes and turned her gaze upon their pale winged observer.

"Don't you know that it's rude to stare?"

Despite the rather blunt words, they were not exactly spoken in a blunt nor rude manner; rather, they were simply matter-of-factly with... Was that slight amusement? Iseret got to her feet in one smooth movement, giving a slight toss of her mane to ensure that it flowed nicely once again, and given her lack of disgruntled noise or a subtle hoof stomp, Sekhet assumed that she was as happy with it as she was going to get at this point.

Sometimes, her mistress really was such a strange creature. She wondered how she had turned out this way, when her brother was far more calm and sensible. Perhaps Serqet's influence?

I don't wanna be right.

@Aeoloni
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual
Wilder
Aeoloni

Watching silently from the side-lines, the near-ivory mare watched as the canine frantically brushed the other woman's golden mane. They made an interesting pair, and as the gilded mare kept brushing off the dog's pleas for attention, Aeoloni felt a hint of irritation bloom within. She never saw the point in treating others so poorly. True, she had a bit of a temper, but she tried to show respect for others, even those that didn't necessarily have a voice to speak with themselves. Take Alahna for example. Even though the hatchling had disappeared, she had always treated her with love and respect. She wouldn't force her to do her bidding, and never thought of her as a servant or less than herself. Perhaps it was because she was a dragon, and not a hound, but the whole scene in front of her seemed obnoxious and humiliating.

"Don't you know that it's rude to stare?" Nearly biting back a snide reply, but deciding otherwise, Aeoloni spoke to the other, her tone flat. She was never one to keep her opinion to herself, even if it caused trouble. "Oh of course, I was just startled by the fact that your dog was brushing your hair, and you seemed to have so little regard for his opinion." The statement was spoken with clarity, and in a flat tone, yet she knew the words might bite deep, or at least anger. She never did know when to quit, and sometimes she thought that was what had made her so valuable in the army. True, she needed restraint at times, but she was bold and ready to take action when she felt action was needed. 

As the ebony mare rose to her feet, Aeoloni continued to observe her quietly. She did not know how the other would respond to her words, but she guessed she'd probably find out.

Word Count: 313 | OOC: Goodness, Aeo's been in a mood lately xD Also, yay for another 2am post! | Tags: Iseret
x | x
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Tabar Domain
Polysexual
Wilder
Akoren Iseret Bakari
Priestess of Serqet

Iseret releases a light scoff as her tail twitches in only mild irritation. What does this pale woman know, they are of completely different lands and most certainly do not have the same customs. The dismissal of her question of it being rude to stare with the response of 'of course', struck her as more rude than the actual staring had been, but Iseret is not too quick to anger over such petty things.

That's not to say she doesn't get angry over petty things. She most certainly has done in the past, on more than one occasion, but such is the life of a drama queen.

However, Sekhet is far less impressed by the words spoken, now standing in defence as she gives a low growl of irritation before Iseret can respond, "Hmph! That is she, thank you very much! " It was evident that she was quite offended by the insinuation that she was a male, snarling at the other woman, the sun glittering on her golden teeth,"What I do for my mistress and how she regards me is none of your concern, outsider."

"Now, now, Sekhet," Iseret chides in a sickly sweet tone, one that Sekhet knows well as one of her Mistress's many playful moods when it came to messing with others, "There is no need for such... hostilities." There is a lightness to her tone that is almost a giggle.

The jackal sighs softly and backs down to a calm stance, but still eyes the winged woman with distrust and mild disdain.

"She doesn't know our ways, our customs, how our society works. How could she?" For this little moment, she has looked down at her companion, but then looks back up and over at Aeoloni with a sweet grin - although, there does seem to be a hint of malevolence behind it, "For your information, Sekhet owes me her life, and as such, I now command it. If that is not to your liking, I believe that is your problem, not ours."

She gives a nonchalant shrug and her tail seems to relax from a tensed state she hadn't realised that she'd held it in, and she tilts her head to look down at Sekhet, who had taken a seat once more after being told to back down, "Besides, it was her fault it was such a mess, so it was something she had to fix. That's not too difficult for you to understand now, is it?" Her tone is a sweet purr, but Iseret is as far from sweet as a lemon; she is an actress at heart, able to adapt to almost any situation and be as convincing as the real deal should she need to be, something Khaa had wished she'd have grown out of by now.

'Ah, but my dear brother, why would I want to grow out of this?! I can twist any man or woman to do as I wish, I can play on their fears or desires, make them mine with so little effort... Why would I want to grow out of that?! I'm sorry, shaqiq, but you get to be the boring one, I'll keep being the fun one.'

I don't wanna be right.

@Aeoloni | shaqiq = brother
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual
Wilder
Aeoloni

As the hound's stance changed at Aeoloni's words, the near-ivory mare could tell that she had offended her. Of course. The jackal was a female. Not a male. It had been her mistake, and though she was forgiving of her own errs, she understood the other's situation, and felt a slight hint of embarrassment that she had angered her. Masking her face, she refused to let the embarrassment show as she offered an apology. "My apologies, I had not meant to offend." She stated it simply in an even tone, and as the other mare called her back from the offensive, she could not understand the other's words, though she noted her giggling tone and grin.

Frowning slightly, Aeoloni considered the other woman's words for a moment, trying to wrap her brain around the idea of someone owing another person their life. The thought was foreign to her and her world. There were prisoners which were taken against their will in battle, and there were free men and women on either side. One did not willingly conform to another because they were indebted to them for a service. They served their king, while the enemy served their master, but they were given the freedom to choose how they followed. They were allowed free will and choice. There were no lingering or lasting debts for anything, and any service was done out of choice and love. This, on the other hand, seemed like slavery, except more humiliating. The jackal was considered free, though she owed the other her life and freewill to her for something she did in a time past? It was unclear and made no logical sense to her.

"So you're telling me that because you helped clean up Sekhet's mess, she owes you her life? Isn't that akin to slavery?" Her tone was not fully challenging, but she could feel the hint of condescension in the other's tone. It was like honey laced with poison, sweet on the surface, but deadly to the soul. "Isn't it better to be free, and allow her to be free, and choose to follow you because she cares about you, rather than some obscure debt in which she owes you her life? Whatever that means." She knew that different cultures had different customs and ways of life, but this seemed absolutely ridiculous. Who, in their right mind would want to infringe upon the free will of another because they were "indebted" for life over something that most of the time could have been given freely out of kindness? It came across as very selfish and manipulative to her.

Word Count: 436 | OOC: This is bad, I'm sorry | Tags: Iseret
x | x
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Tabar Domain
Polysexual
Wilder
Akoren Iseret Bakari
Priestess of Serqet

By this point, Iseret is physically rolling her eyes as she witholds a groan of bored irritation. This woman just didn't get it, but, it also wasn't her job to make her get it either. If the winged woman had such an issue with the whole situation, that was her problem, not Iseret's, not Sekhet's. Why did she not understand that, even after it had been said?! No amount of self control can stop the black mare's curled tail from twitching every few moments.

"My Mistress already stated very directly that your issue with our agreement is your problem, not ours. We would appreciate that you did not try and force your own ideologies onto us when we do not wish for it."

Sekhet speaks up again, feeling Iseret's growing irritation at the situation; but rather than butting in because she too was growing tired of Aeoloni's opinion, she wants to end the conversation as quickly as possible. She did not need the woman losing her temper when they had only been in this new land such a short time. Besides, It is tiring to try and argue with someone who simply couldn't understand the customs of another... No, this felt a lot more like didn't want to understand.

"Now, let us hope that others we encounter aren't so quick to judge us, hmm, Sekhet? It would be such a shame if everyone here is like that. Come, I'd like to find somewhere cool to rest." Iseret seems to now entirely dismiss the other mare's presence, looking down at her companion who in turn glances up at her and gives a curt nod, "Yes, Mistress."

The jackal gets to her feet and the black and gold pair begin to move away, Iseret paying no attention at all to the other woman as she decides to head off in the opposite direction; it is only Sekhet who gives a glance over her shoulder back to Aeoloni, offering only the faintest of apologetic gazes before she quickly catches up to her mistress.

I don't wanna be right.

@Aeoloni | Skehet's glance is like 'sorry she's a bitch' XD