Legends of Amarna
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

CboxSeason
Summer, Year 1

As the mild spring fades into summer, it is realized that a drought is beginning. Rather than watering the grass, the sky is a solid blue. Beautiful, but hot. Showers become less and less frequent through the months, and a foreboding is felt in the air. While wetter climates still experience showers, it is not quite enough to keep the grass green and the foliage lush. Smaller creeks shrink to a trickle, and large rivers become narrower. While things aren't completely dry, fires become more frequent, and the dessert becomes a wasteland. Hopefully times will begin looking up, but as the summer wears on, promise of a respite dwindles.
Open hallowed be thy name; any
Male
25 Years
Vata
Equine
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 2
Registered
It was natural that the port called to him.

The seas are a cleansing system to wash away blood and seal scars with the gentle sting of salt as it buried deep beneath the carcass of a ravaged creature. Orion had known to take to the ocean's call to heal the mapped scars of his thick hide. The waters are warn, slipping over his frame, beckoning him to sink deeper with the pass of a few grunts from between his pressed lips.

The clear waters draw out the infection of a newly dug cut at his hip, seeping the poison with the press of salty kisses, Orion would rather let this all pass with a shrug and a slight pull of his lips with the leg's movement, but the water looked inviting today. So he sank deeper to allow the water to reach over his hips, the length of his knotted tail fanning out behind his width. The sun was bright but it was only a nuisance to his left crimson eye, the other had been blinded some time ago by a large cat that had thought the male was too small and stupid to defend himself.

Sounds from the water front are a low lullaby of hawkers peddling their wares, the sounds of the city alive. There were a few others on the beach with their significant others or alone. They all seemed to pleasantly tolerate one another for the time being. Darkness was the time the unsavory tended to appear, the night coaxing them from hollows and hideouts, to roam the streets in search of a drunk or frail creature to poke and prod for coin whilst calling taunts in foul and ugly words.

But for now, beneath a crippling bright cast of sunlight, the dark and light marked man floats in the waters, half awake and half asleep with his exhaustion.
Female
28 Years
Wilder
Fresian
Homeless
Demisexual
Threads: 1
Lee
Wilder

The sea had always held a special calling to me. It wasn’t about the endless blues, but what lay below the surface of that blue. Bright and entertaining colors while the fish themselves came in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Some more interesting than others just as it was with all the creatures on the land. I’d spent my last several years onboard a ship, but recently that too had come to an end. Perhaps one day we will make our way from here and to venture across the seas once more, but for now this is where we were.

I began my trek out to the sea to back in the salty waters the deep navy tail fanning out behind as my skin sparkled in the sunlight. The brightly colored fish began to swarm around my limbs attracted by the sudden glimmering while I stood perfectly still. Eventually the small cleaner fish came out to take a peek. As I stood breathing in the salty air the cleaner fish began to work picking apart the still semi-fresh wound on my left flank from a plank that had embedded itself weeks ago when we had shipwrecked.

It wasn’t until I turned my golden gaze over to the side did I see an ivory painted man drifting in the salty water. Brows began to come together in wonder as to why one would come out to the sea to sleep. Slowly I began to move toward him once I got within radius I picked up the ivory painted limb to splash the half sleeping male. ”Trying to drown out the city?”

@Orion