Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Open trouble with wolves

played by Emberling
Wilder

Male
Equine/Wolf
Tabar Domain
Demisexual

Vithmiris

Vithmiris
If you assume your enemy shares your values, you will die.

It feels like an eternity since he last assumed this form, almost like an old suit that he never has an occasion to wear.

A twisted grin dances across his maw as he pads lightly through the snowy mountains, making his way up the smallest of winding paths he had ever trecked; at least, in recent knowledge. He had passed through the village that dwelled at the base of the mountain range he was now ascending, having heard whispers of the ghost town, and decided it was likely something up his alley.

It seems, though, that these new lands are traditionally seperated into the different species that live here, which is why he chose this form to do this little walk of his. It was likely to draw less attention and cause less fuss if he appears like the others as opposed to any other form for now.

Not that he would shy away from a fight, should one arise, but it is simply easier to sometimes blend in a little so he can gather the information he requires. Afterall, he hasn't been here long enough to establish himself a new... network.

'It's bloody freezing!'
'You can't feel anything, you idiot.'
'How the hell would you know, you're not trapped in here!'
'That's because I'm not an idiot.'

Loose rocks crumble beneath the pads of his feet as he steps as lightly as possible, more or less hugging the mountain face as he follows the path up and up. Just as he takes another step to go around a slight corner, one back foot steps in just the wrong spot and the ground cracks and breaks, daring to crumble out from beneath him entirely.

Gritting his teeth with an effort-filled grunt, Vithmiris leaps forward and tosses the weight of his body immediately to the side, as if trying to slam himself against the cliff face. However, instead of slamming into the rocky wall, or even slipping, he pulls his legs in and tucks himself into as much of a ball as possible, before he tumbles through the open mouth of a cave that was hiding just around the corner.

'How in the... How did you know that was there?!'
'I could smell it, dumbass.'
... The fu-?!

There is no way he is going to admit to the annoying hellhound that he'd guessed. Had he not been right, he'd have ended up rolling down the mountain right about now. But, truthfully, caves did have a rather unique smell and he knew there had to be one around here somewhere; it hadn't been a guess that there was one at all, just a guess that it was around that particular corner.

Getting to his feet after he finished skidding across the ground, the black wolf shakes himself off and stretches, a satisfied grin on his features as he turns from the light outside to the darkness of the cave within. Perhaps, if he were lucky, there would be an internal access point to the top of the mountain from in here.

Speaks | Thinks/Baskerville Speaks | Sounds Like | Open!
x o x
Find Quote

played by Hermes
Ventri

Male
Lion
Homeless
Heterosexual

Tracker / Plotter

Ntwadumela

Ntwadumela
This is such an idiotic thing to do. I mean, really? A lion, which I might point out is a warm weather loving creature and big hater of all things cold, is currently making its way along a narrow path. A narrow path, surrounded by snow. 

Now Ntwa would gladly be laughing at the figure, hunkered down against the frosty wind, if said object was not in fact him. As stated before, this is such a foolish idea. 

Right about now the lone pale creature was asking himself, ‘Why in the world I am trekking up the side of this stupid mountain, in the snow, in my lion form??’ Yeah really well thought out plan there. 

Ah, let us count thy stupid ways… First off, wolves are the dominant species here. Case in point, the village he had passed at the bottom of the mountain was filled with wolves and people who like wolves. With a foolish smirk and head held high the behemoth of a lion had lumbered through the streets of the town. The inhabitants had been friendly enough… and by ‘friendly’ I mean they didn’t corner the brute in a dark alley and ask him to leave. 

Enough about the first point of stupidity, let us move on. Next is the fact that there is snow. This phenomenon is known to occur when the temperature falls and water freezes as it falls from the sky. Key words to take away from that, temperature falls, water freezes and SNOW. While beautiful to look at a LION has little to no protection from the icy conditions. 

Which brings us to the third and final act of idiocy; not shifting into his human form. He could be warm and comfortable right now, in a coat, boots, hat, and lots and lots of clothes, if only he had shifted. Ntwa had considered this, for about a half a second. So why had the fair weathered fiend decided to charge head first up the side of a snowy mountain with little more than his thin pelt to protect him from the elements? Looking back on it now, it beats the hell out of him. 

Rolling his eyes, the chilly cat braces against a gust of wind. Why in the seven hells is this path so narrow and treacherous? I mean, sure he is going to an ancient ghost town that others rarely visit, but come on! One would think they could at least repair the trail. 

‘You would think that, wouldn’t you?’ 

Oh shut up brain, like it wasn’t you that thought that. 

‘….Touché….’ 

Well he is going crazy, for sure. Ever since he had met that bat shit crazy horse and her companion, he had caught the bug. 

‘Or maybe you were always this way.’ 

Shut. 

Up. 

I am not talking to you. Nope. Not again. 

‘Too late.’ 

Another roll of his eyes and the lion shifts as some rocks break away under his feet. Think light thoughts, think light thoughts. 

A strange smell reaches his nostrils but the big cat pushes the foreign odor out of his mind. 

'Focus. You are a feather. A light, delicate little feather.’ 

Gentle paws, gentle… 

Foot meets open air and Ntwa’s eyes go round. He is falling. Body slams to the side, toward the strange smell and, hopefully, away from death. Please let there be a cave, please let there be a… 

Body lands heavily through the open mouth of a hidden entrance. 

Laying there for a moment, the pale cat allows himself to realize he is still alive. A hearty, “WHOOP!” Echoes through the cavern and shakes some stalagmites that hang from the ceiling. 

Pushing himself up to a seated position the white lion finds that the nagging aroma is stronger in here. Calling out, “Hello?” the feline listens to his voice echo round and round. Spying what he thinks is someone else, Ntwa raises to his feet and rushes after the shadowy figure. “Hey, wait for me!” the man calls to the receding silhouette. 

Vithmiris

x | x
Find Quote

played by Emberling
Wilder

Male
Equine/Wolf
Tabar Domain
Demisexual

Vithmiris

Vithmiris

Ears pin to the sides of his head as the echo of excitement rocks the inside of the cave, and a soft growl rumbles in his throat. No longer is he alone to enjoy exploring and discovering the ghost town for himself... He takes a quick step sideways to avoid a stalacite falling on him; not that it would have hurt, but it just would have been annoying.

'Hey... doesn't that smell like...?'
'Idiocy? Yes.'
'What would he be doing all the way up here?'
'The fuck would I know, but I'm gonna have some fun...'

Once the echo calms, another soon follows, calling out a curious hello. At this, Vithmiris decides to slink around the stalagmites he'd paused near upon hearing someone follow him into the cave. A small yet devilish grin dances across his black maw as he moves swiftly, hearing the lion calling and trying to follow.

In this form he is light and agile, able to slink and slide through small spaces; not as well as in his snow leopard form, but still with relative ease. He weaves through stalagmite clumps, the sounds of the pads of his feet light on the ground wth the occasional sound of scraping nails on exposed stone.

His grin widens a little as a hole appears up ahead, and a cruel burst of laughter fills the cavern as he slides to a stop before it, his dark form blocking sight of it the best he could. "Hello there, little kitten... Fancy meeting you here." He purrs, still grinning, eyes bright.

Would the lion recognise him? If not by colour, then at least by sound.

x o x
@Ntwadumela
Find Quote

played by Hermes
Ventri

Male
Lion
Homeless
Heterosexual

Tracker / Plotter

Ntwadumela

Ntwadumela
Giant paws try their best to follow the shadowy figure but he is large and bulky. Stalagmites block his path, impeding forward progress and obstructing his view of the shade. As it slinks further away, Ntwa begins to wonder if the ghostly form is actually a person. Perhaps the stories he had heard in the town at the base of the village, of spirits and ghouls that haunt the peak, had not just been anecdotes to deter visitors. 

The lion is starting to think that there may be some truth to the tales. The sound of nails scraping stone every so often do little to dissuade these fears. Heart thuds painfully against his ribs as a manically laughter rebounds off the walls around him, only heightening the eerie atmosphere of the cave. 

Trying to squeeze through a space that is way too small for him, the white one reconsiders this whole trip. Maybe the dead should, you know, be left dead. Stopping in his endeavor the pale creature rolls his eyes when hears a voice.  

Okay so not a ghost. 

It is worse, someone speaks and that voice belongs to the emo stallion who was with crazy pants. ‘He seems a bit… tinier.’ 

Good point. 

Also, he is almost certain he saw a tail disappear from view earlier. Not like, a horsy one either. It was more… smoky. Could he be in a different form?

‘Hey dumbass. He called you a kitten. Got any smart retorts for that?’ 

Right. An insult, he can do insults. 

“Well if isn’t my least favorite horse in the world.” Monotone voice dully reverberates off the walls. 

‘Ouch. That stung.’ 

Thank you. 

‘I was being sarcastic. You couldn’t insult someone to save your life.’ 

Shut up. You know, technically you are me so that insult came from you too. 

‘Shit.’ 

Got you on that one. 

‘I hate you.’ 

You hate yourself. 

‘Fuck off.’ 

Crap, he had just won an argument with himself. He really is crazy. And, to top off this whole, craptastic experience, Ntwa is now stuck between two rather large stalagmites. They don’t even budge when the lion tries to wiggle. 

Crap. 

‘You’re fat.’ 

Remember that conversation earlier? 

‘Fine. But when we get out of here you are going on a diet.’ 

No deal. 

Wriggling a little more, he pauses to pant out, “So what brings a place like you to a person like this?” 

‘You said that wrong.’ 

What? 

‘It should be the other way around.’ 

Eyes widen as he realizes his mistake. He growls out, “You know what I meant.” Before returning to the struggle of freeing himself. 

‘I loathe us.’ 

Right about now, the white beast was inclined to agree with himself. 

Vithmiris
x | x
Find Quote

played by Emberling
Wilder

Male
Equine/Wolf
Tabar Domain
Demisexual

Vithmiris

Vithmiris

Oof, that was just... That was more painful than you.
I know, right? Wait... Hey! Fuck you, asshole.
Aww, I know you would if you could, but I'm not a betamale like you.
Why you son of a-

"Well, I'm flatered you recognise me," The typical grin that would usually grace his lips as an equine seems to have a different effect with his canine mouth; sure, it is larger, but it also seems to have a little less malice to it and a more casual shit-stiring feel. Then again, he is being a shit-stirer right now, so it does fit more aptly.

"That being said... I'm here to check out the ghost town, and probably hang out there for a while. I'm assuming that's what you were actually tryin to ask before that big tongue of yours tripped you up." There is a dark purr to the wolf's tone as his mouth closes and he shrugs in a nonchalant way, taking a singular step towards the lion whilst ensuring his ethereal tail acts like a veil in front of the hole.

"What about you, hmm? Or did you miss me that much you just had to go out of your merry way to find me. Oh, perhaps you have come to divulge a deep dark secret, only for my ears? Or did you want to corner me here... To try and take your revenge, have your way with me? Well, I mean... Okay, if that's what you really want, I promise I won't tell."

It takes every ounce of his willpower to maintain a straight face as his tone shifts from his usual bored or malicious to that of innocent teasing, holding his laughter in as he feigns the thought of submission.

Oh my God...

x o x
@Ntwadumela
Find Quote