Legends of Amarna
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

CboxSeason
Winter, Year 1

Where is the snow? As autumn fades into winter, the temperatures are still unusually high, and excepting areas in high elevations and of normally frigid temperatures, snow refuses to fall. Even rain is hard to find these days, and as the crystal clear skies beat down upon the earth, not a cloud in sight, one can begin to wonder what is going on with the world. The golden grass is crisp and dry, and though the fires have slowed with the seasons, there is still a hint of smoke in the air, and every now and then a small one crops up. The rivers are beginning to dwindle to a trickle, and mud has dried into thick cracked clay.
Reserved The peace of the day
Female
15 Years
Vasta
Timber Wolf
Laurel Woods
Demisexual
Threads: 3
Vasta

Ava was recovering from being squished under the mast when the ship wrecked but to say she was okay would be a lie. The girl had been through a lot in her young life. From the death of her mother, her father and now the death of the King, and being ripped away from all that she knew. Her young mind was in a very delicate spot at the moment and coupled with the pain she was in from her leg? Well it left her rather confused and as scared as she was she knew she had to be brave for sister, and Vivendel, Tiarsus and Ryndir. As well as everyone else. It was hard, but made a bit easier with a place to call home base.

The village was nice. Quiet at night, and busy during the day with the sounds of people working to fix it up and turn it into home. Though she felt so useless that she wasn’t able to help more, but she cleaned what she could. Only enough though she found when she went to get something to help out the thing would just go flying. It was so strange. This whole land was strange. She was a wolf, others where wolves, others had been wolves, but then turned back into elves. Her mind was all over the place trying to figure things out. And then there was Ryndir and his wings and antlers. Now that wasn’t something she had ever expected. If everyone else was turning into wolves why did he have extra stuff? The fates here were interesting beings to say the least.

“Ow ow ow.” She whined as she shifted. Having been laying down the girl moved to stand. Ava was bored of laying there and wanted to find away to be more helpful. Maybe she could see if anyone needed help in the garden? Or maybe she could see if Mags needed help with something. For the moment she stood in the room of one of the houses on the ground while she mauled over what her game plan would be for the day. Whatever it would be, it was sure to be her trying to avoid Ryndir and Tiarsus. The last thing she wanted was to be scolded for being out of bed. Tiarsus had given her an ear full last time he caught her.

'I think.' | "I talk." | Therefore I am
Words: 396 | Tags: Ryndir | OOC: Sorry getting this up took forever and a day.

Male
29 Years
Vasta
Timber Wolf
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 1
Vasta
Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
As Ryndir trotted through the newfound village that the elves had claimed, he carried a bundle of herbs in his mouth. He could hear the hustle and bustle of those fixing up the place to make it more suitable for their tastes. He wondered what had caused the village to become abandoned, but however it had happened made for a convenient home for the displaced survivors.

Though many were working on repairs, Ryndir had a job of his own to do. He was the only shaman that had remained loyal to the prince, and many had been injured in the shipwreck. As such, it was his job to heal the wounded, and help wherever needed. The exhaustion dragged at him, but he refused to feel it. There were other things that needed attention before he could take too much time for himself. He slept when necessary, but only as long as he could manage. Even then he felt a bit of remorse for his actions. A couple more had died since leaving the beach. It was inevitable, but he still felt it his duty to keep as many alive as possible. Sleep would come eventually.

Finally he made it into the dwelling that had been set aside as the infirmary. It was quaint, the tree that had been shaped around it, giving it a woodsy odor. It was very natural looking, cozy. It was also one of the most accessible and largest dwelling that wasn't in severe want of repair. It was small, but it would have to do for now. There were several rooms, and a few of them led under the earth, held up by roots, wooden beams, and stone, others spiraled upwards into the massive trunk, creating rooms that were above ground level.

First he headed downwards to the cellar. He had been storing his herbs here. Luckily enough, he recognized many plants, and they seemed to be in abundance here. He had needed to restock frequently because the number of injuries, but at least he could find what he needed readily. As he laid his package down, he moved over and took some black willow in his mouth. Ava had been in a lot of pain recently, with her broken leg, and he knew that he would need to bind it up soon. He had sent others back down to the beach to see if they could find any tarp or fabric and rope from the shipwreck, and they had only just returned. Just as he was about to head to her room, he thought better of it, and grabbed some bramble. Knowing her, she would likely be up and out of bed, and she desperately needed to get some rest.

Moving up the steps, he thought he heard movement in her room. He knew it. Of course she would be up. Growling silently to himself, he opened the door and entered. She wasn't there. Cursing to himself, he turned and left. It had been a bird moving around on the branch outside her window that made the noise. She had already left.

Setting the satchel down in her room, Ryndir began searching the village, following the trail of her scent. He still found it remarkable that he could do such things in the wolf form. His nose was much keener than it had been before. Finally, reaching an abandoned building, he opened the door, and there stood the blond and tan wolf. "Ava," he spoke, his tone harsh, yet also looking out for her well being. "We told you you need to rest your leg or you're going to make it worse. You don't want to be lame the rest of your life do you?" Not waiting for a response he continued. "But anyways, I have the materials we need to bind it up. Why don't you come back with me, and we'll get you all patched up?" He said the last part with a small smile. She would be able to move around much more easily without hurting it once it was in a cast.

OOC: It's all good. I could have started it too. Thanks for getting it up <3 Sorry about the 2am post. I have a bad habit of doing that xD
Word Count: 681
Ava

Ryndir
Female
15 Years
Vasta
Timber Wolf
Laurel Woods
Demisexual
Threads: 3
Vasta

Humming softly the girl tried as she could to not let the pain get to her. Though as she worked on cleaning the floor she couldn’t help the tears that rolled down her face. Rather or not the tears where from the pain of her broken leg or from the sorrow within her heart was unknown. Perhaps a bit of both to be honest. It could also be that she was upset she was a wolf, being a wolf had been hard on the girl as it made being helpful hard. Cleaning this floor would have been so much easier if she had hands, she could have also worked on sewing as well. Ava knew Katie had returned to his elven form, as well as seen others turn back into an elf as well, but not her. Why? He leg was probably the reason and she hated the idea. Though she did wonder rather or not if her leg would be broken in elf form as well. Not that she could probably even turn back into one at the correct moment.

Taking a deep breath she let out a deep sigh. It was a mix of annoyance and boredom. Though she did have something to do she probably should had been keeping an ear out for someone coming. That was her mistake because one moment there was just herself and her thoughts and the next there was Ryndir scolding her. ’Busted great.’ She thought as she lowered her head and slowly turned to look at the older wolf. Giving him an innocent smile and a nervous giggle as she wiggled her tail.

Looking at him she moved her lips into a pout and whimpered. ”But I want to help. Laying in bed is so boring.” She protected trying to make a case for why she had gotten out of bed again. ”When will I turn back into an elf like others? Then I could be useful and help by sewing or something while in bed.” Her voice was a child’s whine as she allowed the words to leave her. Going back into an elf right now sounded painful, but she was trying to tell herself she didn’t care which was a complete lie.

Looking at the half cleaned floor and back at Ryndir she had a look that said “could I at least finish the floor first?” Written all over her face. Though she had been told by many to not worry about it. Heck her dear prince said he would even clean the floor to keep her from doing it. Though cleaning was her job she was a servant after all. Why should she get to lay in bed all day when there was things that needed to be done? It wasn’t fair. Simply wasn’t. Sucking in a big breath of air Ava finally let it out in a huff. ”Fine.” It was a single stubborn word of a teenager giving up, but she had just lost the battle she would still fight the war over keeping her in bed with all she got. So she slowly got up and started to limp back to bed as she did she tried to hide the pain on her face, but the wincing surely wasn’t doing her any favors.

'I think.' | "I talk." | Therefore I am
Words: 556 | Tags: Ryndir | OOC: No need to be sorry about 2am posts, this one is basically one. So sorry it also took forever. Also someone give this girl some lavender tea make her sleepy. XD

Male
29 Years
Vasta
Timber Wolf
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 1
Vasta
Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
Seeing the teenager turn towards him, Ryndir noticed the mistiness in her eyes. He could clearly see the pain she was in, and it cut into him like a knife. He too understood being torn between duty and self-care. Sometimes he lost himself in his work, his purpose, and forgot completely about himself. It was only after a period of neglect for his own health that he was often pulled back to the reality of the flesh. It was not something he enjoyed and his heart went out for her. With the trauma that his people, even he himself had undergone, he knew her work was probably a way to cope, and even that was taken away, the poor girl must be miserable.

Walking towards her, he put a gentle muzzle against her ear, a gesture of comfort. He found that while he did not have hands in his canine body, many similar motions came naturally. It was an absurdity, but not one that he let more than a fleeting moment pass over. There were more important matters at hand, and while he cared about her physical health, he knew that she needed emotional support as well. Stepping back, he looked at her kindly, his eyes sparkling with concern for the girl, in spite of her whining and protests. "Child, I know it's hard, but it will work out like everything else does. You're strong, and in good time, you'll be all knitted up and go back to the things you love doing."

Feeling a faint tugging at his heart, he remember Ava's mother, Lily, and her death. It had been heartbreaking. Though nothing had sparked between them, he still knew the beauty of the woman, the kindness in her heart, the dreams he held so dear to himself of falling in love with her and having a family. It was all the past, time had healed the wounds, but seeing Ava so hurt, yet so determined, brought some of that pain to the surface. He knew that what had happened would happen eventually, he knew that death was imminent at some point. That did not mean that it was the end-all, it simply meant that they would pass from this world to the next, wherever that was. He knew not whether each land had a different world for the dead, or if the spirits of their ancestors floated between them.

Turning towards the door, and propping it open for her, he noticed her wince. She was trying to put on a strong face, but he could imagine the pain she was in. She shouldn't be walking on her leg at all, even if she was keeping most the weight off, and he hoped she didn't damage any of the muscles or bones any further. From what he could tell it seemed like a simple fracture, but it needed to be positioned properly to heal, and he would need a better look to know for certain. "I'll make you a deal. He spoke kindly. Once we get that cast on your leg, and you take your medicine, I'll give you something to do. With all the sick and injured in the camp I could use a bit of help, and you might be just the help I need." Giving her a friendly wink, he went to shepherd her towards the infirmary. He thought about giving her some lavender tea, but she might be angry at being put to sleep. Perhaps she would go on her own, but if she still felt up to it once her leg was wrapped, he could have her sort some herbs.

OOC: <3 Poor Ava. Ryndir's like big brother to the rescue!
Word Count: 606
Ava

Ryndir