Legends of Amarna
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

CboxSeason
Summer, Year 1

As the mild spring fades into summer, it is realized that a drought is beginning. Rather than watering the grass, the sky is a solid blue. Beautiful, but hot. Showers become less and less frequent through the months, and a foreboding is felt in the air. While wetter climates still experience showers, it is not quite enough to keep the grass green and the foliage lush. Smaller creeks shrink to a trickle, and large rivers become narrower. While things aren't completely dry, fires become more frequent, and the dessert becomes a wasteland. Hopefully times will begin looking up, but as the summer wears on, promise of a respite dwindles.
Reserved Are you afraid of the dark?
Male
18 Years
Wilder
Mangalarga Marchador X [Friesian x Andalusian]
Homeless
Polysexual
Threads: 2
Wilder

"I'm going out hunting, Calli! I'll be back in a little while, I promise!" Were the last words I spoke to my twin as I walked out of the door as a horse. We had found an old home in a small village and asked around before coming to the conclusion that it had been abandoned. It was cute and quiet, perfect for the two of us to stay in while we relaxed from our long journey. It had been about seven months since we left Caeleste and our mother, to explore the world beyond home. And I didn't regret the decision one bit, but I always silently wondered if Callisto regretted leaving our mother behind. I missed her dearly, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't going to turn around now and return to her.

If I were to ever return to our mother and Caeleste, I would be going back with stories that I'd be able to tell for days. Not get this far and go back with a 'Yeah we made it to a village' story. That was dull and I refused to think such a story would be interesting for our mother. So instead of sitting at the house wondering, debating all the possibilities around my twin and I, I decided that hunting would help calm me down. So I shifted into my usual chocolate lion form and headed into a forest near the town.

Lowering my nose to the ground, I inhaled and exhaled a few times before picking up the scent of a rabbit. Something small enough that would fill the stomach and that I wouldn't have a lot of waste because Calli didn't eat meat. I wasn't very good at hunting and silently missed Matsumi because she was a wonderful huntress. It was just a shame she had been killed in a stupid fight before fleeing Caeleste. Huffing a small sigh, I tracked the rabbit through the forest, not paying much attention to my surroundings other than the scent of my next meal. I didn't even notice the forest suddenly change to a jungle with strange sounds in the background.

No, instead I had finally caught up to the rabbit. Crouching, I waited patiently before lunching and pouncing onto the small rodent. Latching my teeth around its neck, I gave it a swift shake and heard its neck snap, killing it instantly. Dropping it to the ground, I lay beside it and began plucking the fur from its carcass, soon finding the meat and eating the meal slowly. Still oblivious to my surroundings.

"Talks."
Template credits to Jabberwocky
OOC. <3
Words. 430
Tags. Sarmina
Female
30 Years
Ventri
Snow Leopard
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 5
Ventri
S A R M I N A
Wandering through the jungle, the snow leopard lost herself in her train of thought. She already had a follower. It had gone better than expected. She was glad he had made the choice, but had been shocked when he made things seem challenging only to back out and agree to follow her for a time. Either way, she had gotten what she wanted, which was much better than not getting it. She was on her way to becoming empress once again, and a smile curved at her maw. It would be good to have power and esteem again, even if, for now, it was just one person claiming to follower her.

Stepping over some vines, the woman could feel a faint growling in her stomach, coming back to reality, she thought she should hunt. Crouching low to the ground, the fur from her stomach brushing the damp earth, opened herself up to the sensations around her. She could hear the birds chattering above her head, scent the vast number of scents in the jungle around her, the dark earth, the green of the trees, the light floral aromas of the vines, the deep humidity of the jungle in the summer. All around her the forest was alive. Though she would often go about her day lost in her head, the thoughts, the plans bubbling in her mind, percolating and growing into something glorious, now she was here in reality, focused on the world around her. As she waited, testing the air with her keen nose, she thought she scented a rabbit nearby.

Prowling through the underbrush, her spotted pelt, though a silver blue, helping her blend with the shadows, she found it. Watching it in silence, she silently laughed at the situation. It was snipping ends off of grass, browsing the plants, completely oblivious that a creature like her would jump in and end it's life. It gave her an odd sense of power. That a creature as stupid and hapless as a rabbit would be enjoying life, when in an instant it would be gone. That's what they were for though, creatures of prey. To be born, reproduce, and eventually become someone's snack. That's just how the world worked. The weak to feed the strong.

Just as the woman was about to pounce, a chocolate brown lion emerged from the brush, stealing her prize. She could almost gnash her teeth, but looking at him, she nearly smiled. He looked young, yet strong, and he had made it a clean death. The obvious sign of a skilled hunter. Maybe he would be willing to join her little empire too.

For a minute, she watched him break into the carcass, he was obviously enjoying the taste of the fresh meat, so much that he seemed oblivious to his surroundings. Standing up, she sauntered over him, no longer trying to remain stealthy or hidden, her small yet graceful frame, moving with almost a flirtatious air.

"Nice catch." She spoke smoothly, hoping not to startle him. She had been hidden, though she hadn't intentionally been watching him, it was the rabbit she had been after, but now she had another target in mind. "And forgive my manners, I am Sarmina, Empress of the felines. Are you from around here?" Looking at him with her proud lavender eyes, she assessed him. Looking for possible strengths and weaknesses, hoping that she'd be daunted by her title, and perhaps take in the bait. She had no land... not yet, but she had something, something valuable to start with. Soon, very soon, perhaps she would become a true queen once again, and her title wouldn't be empty words from her mouth. Awe was an important factor though, and she hoped she could impress the lion in front of her into following her. Yes a small army was in the works.

OOC: This is bad... sorry.
Word Count: 643
Muse: 7/10
Alcaeus