Legends of Amarna
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

CboxSeason
Winter, Year 1

Where is the snow? As autumn fades into winter, the temperatures are still unusually high, and excepting areas in high elevations and of normally frigid temperatures, snow refuses to fall. Even rain is hard to find these days, and as the crystal clear skies beat down upon the earth, not a cloud in sight, one can begin to wonder what is going on with the world. The golden grass is crisp and dry, and though the fires have slowed with the seasons, there is still a hint of smoke in the air, and every now and then a small one crops up. The rivers are beginning to dwindle to a trickle, and mud has dried into thick cracked clay.
Open Nap the day away
Other
37 Years
Ventri
Feline/Cheetah
Homeless
Demisexual
Ventri
Laying on a branch and yawning, they wondered if there was anyone even around. So far they had found no one and had traveled quite a ways. "Boring" they stated to themselves and put their hands behind their head. Another dead end, this was getting frustrating. Then again there was a lot of lands to cover, and they were just one person...cheetah...thing. Looking up they frowned, they had noticed the so-called town already, but they had not seen anyone walking around up there yet. Right now they were too lazy to walk up there, and they didn't trust his magic to bring them to a safe spot. 

Sighing they rolled and looked to the ground, which honestly was not too far down. Well...it was obvious they had used magic to reach the branch since it was higher up than they were tall. Still, if they managed to fall off their chosen resting spot they would likely not break anything...hopefully. Yawning again they closed his eyes, and their ears flicked a little, moving their hair slightly as they did. Napping was a big pass time for the nonbinary person, though if someone was to walk nearby they would notice since they didn't really go deep enough to be considered real sleep. As it was they looked much like a feline resting there, despite being in their human form. So perhaps no one would bother them at all

236 words
Female
30 Years
Ventri
Snow Leopard
Homeless
Heterosexual
Ventri
S A R M I N A
Exploring her kingdom, the feline grinned in pure grandness. Though there was much work to do to rise the felines over the subservient species, she had found a start. These lands were hers, and the people were under her command. Already she was sorting out those who were felines, and those who were intruders. Banishing them from her borders or enslaving them. It was a matter of effort, and with every soul she met, she either chose to shun them, or if they were one of her race, she would recruit them

Things going on their course, she made her way through the forest. The thick vegetation parting as her small lithe body floated through. Though she was a snow leopard, she preferred warmer climates, and though her fur should normally be thick, it was sleek and shiny, acclimated to her choice climate. She really would freeze if she went back to the higher elevations, the snow, cold, and rocks. It was not her cup of tea, and she was happy that the felines seemed to have the greater part of the jungle, while the idiot horses and wolves got to stick up north.

Pausing for a moment, she heard a bird rustle through the bush nearby. Crouching, she watched it with keen lavender eyes. In that moment, a scent came to her nostrils. It was the scent of another. Standing up, she raised her gaze. Not seeing anyone at ground level, she looked upwards, spotting a rather short person with grey hair and cat-like ears. Finally, someone who must be shorter than herself. Noticing the short child-like size, but anything but a childlike face, she also noted how they laid among the branches with feline grace. Smiling, she spoke. Her voice friendly yet regal because it was another feline. "Good day to you. I hope I am not interrupting your nap, but I am Sarmina, Empress of the felines." Though she had possibly interrupted, she would not miss the occasion to recruit someone else for her kingdom.

OOC: Hehe
Word Count: 338
Cyran

Other
37 Years
Ventri
Feline/Cheetah
Homeless
Demisexual
Ventri
A voice had their ear twitching and an eye opening, just one eye since they were feeling lazy. Empress? That was interesting to say the least. "Heya" they offered then yawned, not moving yet.  "I really just got my eyes closed" which was true despite that they had been camping on this branch almost all day by now. Realizing this Empress likely wanted to talk they sat up and stretched, their back giving a satisfying pop. Smiling they hopped from the branch, using their magic to land safely on the ground. 

That had been a bad idea since they had already used their magic to get on their perch. Yawning to hide that they felt a little dizzy from the effort, they focused his gaze on Sarmina. "Is there some way I can help you?" normally they weren't bothered by others, and today was no different. Since this was an Empress, their interest was a bit more peaked than normal. They had no allegiance to anyone at the time, having found no one that really felt worth following and they wondered if the Empress would be any different or not. Only talking to her would really tell them anything they guessed, so they would listen and see what she had to say. 

212 words
Sarmina
Female
30 Years
Ventri
Snow Leopard
Homeless
Heterosexual
Ventri
S A R M I N A
Giving a regal smile, the femme examined the man with cool lavender orbs. Flicking a tail, she thought about shifting into her human form. She could already tell that he would be shorter than she as a human, but she had no care for that form. It was lackluster, meaningless, incomparable to the ingenuity of the feline design. In her birth from, the form of a snow leopard, though she was small, she felt strong, powerful, cunning. Her senses were sharp, and her mind sharper. Though she supposed her mind was still as sharp as a human, she felt like she lost her edge, the true essence of who she was. In her mind, felines were truly superior, even over the human shape. It did not matter that that form had hands or added dexterity. It was all pointless to her, a shadow of what should be. There was no comparison.

Bringing herself back to the reality before her, she decided well and truly that she would stay in this shape. At least unless it became necessary to change. She still felt a smug sense of satisfaction that he would be shorter than she, but in her humility, she decided she had no need to flaunt it. Not yet. Felling mildly irked by the cheetah's nonchalant attitude, Sarmina masked her face. She was not used to one being so friendly with an empress. She was more used to some sort of awe or respect. However, this was a feline standing before her, and she would not let it ruffle her feathers yet.

"I'm glad I didn't interrupt your nap. What is your name?" Sitting down, she watched him with calculating eyes before answering his second question. "Not exactly." She spoke with a cold smile. "Though I am looking to meet fellow felines, and perhaps invite them to join me as members of Ventri. Xandu Acropolis is coming to life once again, and there is a resurgence to the old ways, the bringing back of the glory of the felines. With it I find it my duty to meet others and bring them in under the protection of Ventri's wings."

OOC: Hehe. She's so delusional about her self worth.
Word Count: 359
Cyran

Other
37 Years
Ventri
Feline/Cheetah
Homeless
Demisexual
Ventri
Cyran scratched at their ear idly as she spoke, noting that her smile seemed cold and unwelcome. "No one will want to join you when you smile like that" they mentioned almost bluntly, his grey eyes focused on her. They knew they didn't want to join her, just based on that. "What do you do if they don't join willingly? Force them?" something in their gaze changed, a spark of seriousness that rarely showed through their lazy nature. "If so, then that makes you a terrible Empress" and definitely not someone that they wanted to deal with, not one bit. 

Looking down the path, they thought about how far they could jump with how many times they had used their magic already. Far enough to escape this woman? Perhaps not, but they didn't want to stick around if she was indeed the type to just enslave those who refused to join her willingly. That wasn't freedom, nor was it good practice as a whole, in the end, it would only cause her trouble and lead to her downfall. Or it would lead to something worse like war. Looking back to the Empress they decided to stay calm and see what the answer to their questions would be before trying to escape. 

211 words
Sarmina