Legends of Amarna
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

CboxSeason
Winter, Year 1

Where is the snow? As autumn fades into winter, the temperatures are still unusually high, and excepting areas in high elevations and of normally frigid temperatures, snow refuses to fall. Even rain is hard to find these days, and as the crystal clear skies beat down upon the earth, not a cloud in sight, one can begin to wonder what is going on with the world. The golden grass is crisp and dry, and though the fires have slowed with the seasons, there is still a hint of smoke in the air, and every now and then a small one crops up. The rivers are beginning to dwindle to a trickle, and mud has dried into thick cracked clay.
Open I thought I'd see the sea
Female
20 Years
Wilder
Canine/Timber Wolf
Village in Tabar Domain
Homosexual
Wilder
It was surprising what you could build in a dessert, her red eyes looked over the stone buildings and then the old abandoned looking market place. "Someone should fix this stuff up...I mean, if they want any business" not that she minded the shady feel to the area. Being a pirate, this was the kind of spot that was more useful than most. Now, if only it was closer to a water source, then you would have a safe port town for those not exactly up to no good. Stretching she walked through the streets, just exploring the town to her heart's content. 

Since being here she had found out a lot about this world, for she figured it was not her loved land. That was fine by her, back home she was saught out and had a bounty on her head. Here, no one knew her or where she was from or who she really was. Which she was more than happy about really, no one would harass her here unless it was about something she stole. Which she hadn't yet, still curious about the lands of this place, and so far she had found little to no word about ships or even decent places to port. "Uuuugh...it's so boring on land!!" she was feeling restless, wanting a ship under her feet and wind filling the sails. Still, as of now, she didn't have enough information to even find a place to buy a ship. Sighing she started whistling to herself and continued to explore this dead looking town. 

260 words
Male
27 Years
Wilder
Equine/Gypsy Vanner x TB x Clydesdale
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 3
Vata
Wandering around the town was fine and all, but Helbid had grown a bit bored. His ship was getting repairs done so going off sailing was out of the question therefore he had to make due with interacting with land lovers. Honestly being on dry land was making him sick having spent so much time at sea. So he decided to spend his time not in his human form, but in his horse form. Moving those muscles was something he didn’t get to do too much while out on the ocean after all horses can’t walk up stairs too well or even walks on a wobbly deck with ease. Not that he had too much luck as a man either seeing as how the rum was just too good sometimes.

Speaking of rum he had decided to stock up on it so he had a wagon of it with him. Not just of rum, but other assorted goods. It was a bit heavy for the normal person but being that his animal form was that of a draft horse he pulled it with ease. Turning corners was a little tricky as one of the wheels was acting up and as he took a turn got caught on something. “For cryin’ out. Ye got to be kiddin’ me!” He called out annoyed as he backed up and pulled forward trying to get the wheel lose. It was as he worked on this that he heard the voice of the women and looked over at her before calling out. “Aye ain’t that be the truth lass.” He then gave her a wink as he kept backing up and moving forward clearly getting more and more annoyed with each try.

words: 287
tag: Lilith
Female
20 Years
Wilder
Canine/Timber Wolf
Village in Tabar Domain
Homosexual
Wilder
Lilith looked to the voice and was surprised to see a horse. A horse...who had spoken. If she was home, she would have captured it, and sold it for a high price. She wasn't home though so she stared for a moment before going over to help the beast with his stuck wheel. As her face was towards the ground, she rolled her eyes at the fact that he winked at her. Men...always flirting like they were the best thing to be on land since gold. Trying to lift the cart would likely hurt her so she tried to give it an extra push instead.

"Are you akin to the sea then?" she asked as she did her best to move the cart from the hole it had found itself in. It was something to do as she helped him, plus he had agreed with her that being on dry land was a pain. Only a fellow sailor would agree with that sentiment in her opinion. Then again she could be wrong and he was just someone who was tired of traveling and pulling this cart. That was an interesting idea and she looked over his wares with a semi-bored air as she gave the cart a hearty push and felt it shift.

213 words
Helbid
Male
27 Years
Wilder
Homeless
Heterosexual
Vata
He had gotten a few strange looks here and there before from outsiders, but those who were like him and grew up in this land knew it wasn’t strange for a horse to speak. Or for a wolf or even a feline of sorts to talk, though he could care less about those felines stupid murdering cats. The very idea of them made him angry, but he kept himself calm as he worked on getting the wheel out of the hole. Now he was plenty strong enough to get the thing out, but he was trying not to just break the wagon. So it wasn’t that he was weak it was that he was being gentle. As he did his little dance with the stupid thing he felt someone else pushing and looked at the women he had spoken to before. He hadn’t expected her to come give him a hand.

“Aye lass. Ye be talking to Captain Helbid Jor Skullfist.” He said with a bob of his head as he gave a good pull when the women gave a good push. The wheel came out of the hole finally and he shifted his body slightly to make sure it didn’t fall in again. “Me ship be in port for repairs though, being on land be boring as hell.” He commented before looking at the area around them. Eyeing his wares to make sure none of the bottles broke.

Words: 239
Tags: Lilith
Female
20 Years
Wilder
Canine/Timber Wolf
Village in Tabar Domain
Homosexual
Wilder
Lilith nodded as he explained he was a captain "I..still need to find a ship to sail." she would like to be a captain, but she supposed sailing under someone else was fine as well. "I am Lilith Fairbreeze" not her real last name, but she dared not speak it. Though this was a different land from hers, she still feared someone would know her true last name and know who she really was. Pushing that thought aside and looked to the wagon as well "I didn't know there was a port near here, I am new to the area." Noticing the beer, she wondered if it was any good since she hadn't tried any booze from these lands as of yet. 

Looking back up she focused on the horse "I must admit you are the first horse I have heard speak. Where I am from not many animals can talk." Those who could often regard others as lower than them, it was really annoying. Still, she knew these lands were different, so she would not judge this male on the fact that he could speak. Of course, he ended up being all high and mighty she would just go elsewhere for now and explore a different land. Maybe even to find the port he spoke of and figure out how to buy her own ship...not that she expected to get a crew right away since she knew nothing of the lands around her. 

244 words
Helbid
Male
27 Years
Wilder
Homeless
Heterosexual
Vata
Listening to the women he dipped his head to her as a reply to her greeting. Thinking for a moment about her comment about needing a ship to sail on he let out a soft chuckle. “Pleasure to met ye Miss Fairbreeze.” He cooed as he looked her up and down. She seemed strong and as if she could stand on her own two feet. Perhaps he could recruit her to join his crew. Though he didn’t know how good of a sailor she was, still everyone had a place on the ship. Even a bad sailor had a place and if she couldn’t hold her own he’d just leave her at a port and send her on her way. Though if she turned out to be a feline and hide that fact from him until out at sea? Well he would take no pity and just make her swim to port. No way a feline would be welcomed on his crew not after what those good for nothing beasts did to his family. “Aye. Tabar Domain looks like it be ran by some lard brained screechy gobshyte.” He said as he looked around the place. “It be a shame. Heard no one be running her, so the place be gone to the rats.” His voice was calm as he spoke, but there was a look of disgust on his face. The place really wasn’t that bad just needed a captain to get it ship shaped. However he wouldn’t be the one to do so as he wasn’t willing to give up the sea.

“Me ship be the Silent Storm, and she be in port for too long. Those damned spud faced land lovers be draggin’ ta’ feet fixing her.” He spat as he spoke of how the ones fixing his ship had been taking forever. It annoyed him, but really what could he do? The ship needed part of the side replaced and the stairs fixed after another ship ran into it while they were raiding them. In all honestly Helbid had been lucky to get the ship to port. Taking his mind off of that he listened to the girl and a smile spread wickedly upon his lips. “Oi, is tha’ so? Well ye really ain’t from around here than.” He cooed as he looked at her face before allowing the next set of words to slip from his listen interested to see her reaction. “What say ye if I’d tell ye I really be a man?” With that he gave her a questioning look and waited for a reaction. He could have changed into his human form to drive the point home, but decided not to. He wanted to drag out this game a bit.

Words: 458
Female
20 Years
Wilder
Canine/Timber Wolf
Village in Tabar Domain
Homosexual
Wilder
His words were like honey and wasted sweetness on her. Rolling her eyes she mentally had to restrain herself from walking away. He was talking ships, and that held her interest enough to stay for now. On mention of the area, she looked around again and wondered if you could run such a place and still sail the seas. She would want to try and get this town running for her sort to come and feel safe. It was food for thought for sure, and she decided to find out how to take control of this place later. Perhaps it could be a task to pass the time with since it sounded like the horses' ship was land bound for now. 

Shaking her head to confirm that she wasn't from around here she then felt something rise as he claimed to be a man. An animal that changed to a man? She had seen that before and it reminded her of an annoying fellow that even thinking of him now made her sneer in dislike. So far this horse was proving to be much the same "Ye got an ego to ya don't ye?" she said almost mockingly "How about you just stop acting like your the greatest thing to walk the land eh?" 

214 words
Helbid
Sorry he hit a sore spot with how he is acting lol
Male
27 Years
Wilder
Homeless
Heterosexual
Vata
Listening to the lass Helbid couldn’t help but smirk as it seemed like he had struck accord with her somehow. He was a bit confused as to why she seemed to take offence at the fact that he was a man. After all was he supposed to do lie? If so was he supposed to say he was really a fish? He would be a big fish, and a funny looking one if so. If anything he should find her offensive, but honestly didn’t. If anything he was amused. Snorting he let out a laugh. It bellowed from his lips and echoed around them.

“Ye think I got an ego? Ye be in for a rude awakening, ye bilge rat!” He scoffed at her as he stared her down. “Ye ain’t seen nothing. I be tame compared to some of thes’ landlubbers. Just ye wait til ye meet ta’ knaves to ta’ north west, in ta’ jungle.” He all but spat at her. His blood was starting to boil from the disrespect she was showing him, and to be honest two could play that game. He pinned his ears against his skull as he narrowed his eyes at her. “Wenches be such scallywags.” He whispered under his breath as he looked away from her. Shifting he started to move forward, but stopped to look at her once more. “Ye be wise ta’ watch yer back puppet.” He growled back at her from over his shoulder.

Words: 245
Female
20 Years
Wilder
Canine/Timber Wolf
Village in Tabar Domain
Homosexual
Wilder
Lilith sneered "You just prove my point, acting in such a manner. Get over yourself already" still she did not move to stop him from leaving, watching him with rare anger in her eyes. "Did you seriously just call me a wench?" he had called her a scallywag too, but that was okay. "Just because I don't like those who brag...what a world this is..." she almost missed home, but only almost. She rolled her eyes "Bet you get treated like a king, so you now think everyone should treat you as such. Let me tell you LAD, that is no way to act, captain or not. Such an attitude only brings ruin..." 

Sadness entered her gaze and she sighed "Ruin and pain..." she shook her head and turned to head away from him "I'd like to see you try without a weapon" her hand went to the sword at her side as she walked away. "Don't think you could beat me because I am a lass and you're a man either, I have already killed many like you, and I'll likely kill more." she sent a look to him, showing she was not joking or making a threat per se. It was only a fact 

206 words
Helbid
Male
27 Years
Wilder
Homeless
Heterosexual
Vata
Snorting he tossed his head and rolled his eyes. "Get off ye high horse. Seem I ain't be ta one that need be getting over ther' self." He huffed as she was getting on his nerves. Eyeing her over his shoulder he could have aimed a hoof to her skull or even turned into his human form and gave her a scar to reminder her of her manner, but honestly he couldn't be bothered. "Ye have no idea me hardships. Kings be worthless here puppet." He snarled at her. He might be in the form of a equine, but that wasn't a whinny that had left his throat. "Ye should take ye own words to heart lass." He grumbled as he pulled away from her. He was done with this wench. This chat had started out pleasant enough, but for the love of the sea she was just horrible. If she had been part of his crew and out at sea she would be swimming to shore by now.

"Not all weapons be sharp, some be bitter." He called out giving her one last moment of his time before trotting off. She might have threatened him with the death by her blade, but yes he did just threaten to have her poisoned Be it by him or by someone else. This town was only some big and they seem to both be pirates so it was likely they would run into each other again. Next time he won't be so kind and had already marked the blond off as someone he disliked. If only Torr had been there he was sure the bird would have tried to poop on her head. Ha! That would have served the wench right. With that thought he quickened his pace and left the area blending into the crowd.

Words: 310
ooc: Helbid left the thread.