Legends of Amarna
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

CboxSeason
Winter, Year 1

Where is the snow? As autumn fades into winter, the temperatures are still unusually high, and excepting areas in high elevations and of normally frigid temperatures, snow refuses to fall. Even rain is hard to find these days, and as the crystal clear skies beat down upon the earth, not a cloud in sight, one can begin to wonder what is going on with the world. The golden grass is crisp and dry, and though the fires have slowed with the seasons, there is still a hint of smoke in the air, and every now and then a small one crops up. The rivers are beginning to dwindle to a trickle, and mud has dried into thick cracked clay.
Reserved A Salty stroll
Male
27 Years
Wilder
Equine/Gypsy Vanner x TB x Clydesdale
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 3
Vata
Having been on land for sometime Helbid seemed to be going stir crazy. He missed the sea, the rough waves, the sea air flowing through his beard and the mist upon his skin. He really hadn’t expected it to take so long for his ship to be repaired and to be honest he was starting to believe the crew working on it was dragging their feet. Lazy land lovers all of them. Blah! It disgusted him to think that his ship was in their care and he would be sure to go down to the port and give them a piece of his mind soon. Though at the moment he had decided to go to the beach. At least being near the ocean was better than being cooped up somewhere in the city. So he had decided to go out for a stroll down the beach. He could have used his human form, but decided that he wanted to use his equine form because getting to place to place made it easier that way. Galloping on four legs was faster than walking on two after all. Plus he liked the height in this form being that he was a bit of a shorty in his human form.

So as he finally made it to the beach he noticed how the sun was just past noon and how great it felt. Being winter the cold weather had been a bother. Sure it wasn’t that cold being out in the desert town and all, but it was cooler near the sea. Lime eyes looked overhead as he eyed clouds off that horizon. The wind whipped around his mane and he could tell a storm was being blown in. ‘Oh well bring it on!’ He thought as he made his way to the shoreline before stepping into the path of the rolling waves as he walked at a slow trot. He wasn’t going anywhere, but was just enjoying the feel of the cold water hitting his hide.

Words: 334
Tags: Epoh
Female
32 Years
Wilder
Mackenzie Wolf
Homeless
Bisexual
Threads: 2
Wilder
Epoh watched the waves and gripped at the hilt of her new sword. It had been easy to get...perhaps a bit too easy. Still, it felt good to have a weapon in her hands once more. Drawing the sword it was the same length as her old one...a little taller than she was. The blade was almost as wide as she as well. The seller had named it a buster sword, and she had felt it was close enough to what she was used to. Time to see if it felt the same. Moving her arms she swung the sword in a circle.

The ease was familiar though she knew this weapon was lighter than what she had once used. Better than no sword. Hearing someone approaching she returned the sword to her back, hearing a click as it rested on her back. She turned her gaze towards the sound to see what looked like a horse coming down the beach. Moving she watched the animal and wondered if it too, could change into a human form. Watching carefully she found the movement of the equine rather breathtaking. Taking a breath she adjusted her sword slightly as the horse got closer to her

205 words
Helbid
Male
27 Years
Wilder
Homeless
Heterosexual
Vata
Trotting quietly down the shoreline he looked out at the sea and just imaged being out upon it once again. Hopefully soon his ship will be ready and he could set sail. Though he did need to find some more crew as those who went loyal to the Skullfist family had jumped ship to go find work. He didn’t blame them it had just been annoying. Not his fault the workers at the port where so darn lazy. Sighing the steed shook his head and looked forward. As he looked he spotted someone practicing swordplay. Getting closer he noticed that it was a women and he eyed her for a moment before nodding his head as he got closer. “Good noon lass. Ye be enjoying ta beach?” He asked curiously.

Coming to a stop he wonder if she was an outsider or someone like him born of this land. By the look of her she didn’t look like a feline so he wouldn’t be rude to her, but one never knew. Having stopped a few feet from her he turned his head to the left so that he could look at her better. Ears perked as he listened to the world around them.

Word: 203
Female
32 Years
Wilder
Mackenzie Wolf
Homeless
Bisexual
Wilder
Looking to the equine she looked a bit more stern for a moment “Please don't call me lass” only one person was allowed to call her that. It made her feel like a kid, though she was considered an adult by now even here. As to the beach, it had been open and a good space to practice in “It is fine here.” Convenient for her and not much else. Looking over this horse she found his markings interesting. In her lifetime she had seen many animals in many forms, but not in such a color.

Bringing her gaze to his she wondered if he would peg her for a stranger to these lands or not. Or if he would just think her a native...though she guessed until she found her way home, that she could be considered a person of these lands for now. “Do you also change to a elf?” She asked just out of curiosity, not sure if there were different races or not.

209 words
Helbid
Male
27 Years
Wilder
Homeless
Heterosexual
Vata
Ears perked as he listened to the girl’s request not to be called lass. Odd. He called everyone either lass or lad, but to each their own. “Sorry about that - er? Lad?” He said in a calm voice with a bit of a sassy tease. She was clearly a girl, but he was just being a smartass. Snorting he let out a chuckle as he looked around them. The beach was indeed a fine place. “Indeed, not as fine as the sea. Now she be a beast.” He cooed as he bobbed his head gently. Brows raising as he watched the other before him. He has seen many a creature in his travels and rather or not this stranger was a native or an outsider it didn’t really matter. She was here and that was what was important. He knew her looking at his markings and chuckled again. “Have ye never seen such a treasure?” He boasted his question calling himself a treasure as he was proud of his pelt.

“Elf?” He repeated her question with a curious tone. “Don’t be daft dove. Ain’t everyone here be an elf.” His tone was serious, but he wasn’t trying to be disrespectful with his answer and hopefully he didn’t come across as one. “I tell ye what. If ye give me yer name, I’ll show ye me other form. Deal?” He asked with a wink as he shook his head again tossing his mane out of his face as the breeze decided to blow and toss it around and wrap it around his neck. “Grrr. I need to be getting this thing cut.” He grumbled. His father used to do it, but of course he hadn’t seen the fellow in sometime so of course no one had been keeping it short and in line.

Words: 302
Female
32 Years
Wilder
Mackenzie Wolf
Homeless
Bisexual
Wilder
Epoh frowned "I am a woman...not any young girl or lass" she narrowed her eyes and then looked away from his pelt. "You remind me of the man who raised me..." he too would call himself a treasure, much to her annoyance. It was just as annoying coming from a stranger, but she held her tongue on the matter for now. Since she had spent most of her life with such a man who would boast about his own looks, she could handle this horse. 

"I am not from these lands, so I would not know of the races that dwell in it." she looked back to him and watched as he tossed his mane and offered to show his other form for her name. "I am known as Epoh" she supplied to the horse and knew that her name was simple, but it was her name. "I could cut your hair..." she offered, though she was not sure why. Perhaps because she had the skill? She cut and trimmed her own hair after all. Then again she had to remind herself that she did not know this male, and it was likely foolish to offer such a thing to him. Oh well, too late now, and she stared at him to see what his reaction would be. 

218 words
Helbid
Male
27 Years
Wilder
Homeless
Heterosexual
Vata
Listening to her a smirk cross his lips as she informed him that she was a women, not a girl or lass. “Women, girly, lass same difference. Ye know could be worse? I be tryin’ ta be polite.” He said bobbing his head slowly from side to side. “Could be picaroon, bilge rat or wench ye know matey?” As he finished his randomly mumbling Helbid let out a small chuckle. The man really didn’t mean any harm with is words he was just an odd one. Listening to her words about reminding her of the man who raised her he raised a brow. “Yer papa?” He curiously cooed as he looked from her to the sky. His green eyes stared out to the sea as he thought about his father and wondered how the old man and his darling sister was doing. Perhaps he would go and check on them later. Helbid after all had to make sure his Papa wasn’t turning into a landlubber.

“Ah! I see. Ye be in luck. I was born here. Not thi’ spot, but on ta sea.” He said proudly as he tossed his head once more, this time taking a proud stand. Neck arching he gave her a wink as he looked at the women. “Ye be needing a drink to wet yer whistle I be yer mate.” His voice was warm and friendly as each word left his lips. The man was an interesting fellow, but he was serious when it came to his rum. Booze always met a good time. Rather or not anyone ever remembered these good times was another story completely.

Hearing her name he nodded to her and was about to say something when she suggested she could cut his mane for him. “Oi? Well maybe another time - Epoh. For now I be honorin’ me word.” As his words left his lips he shifted. His body twisting strange at first before he slipped from this large horse to a shorty of a man. His black and green mane turning into a scruffy beard and haircut. His clothing was simple. Black pants and a dark green shirt with a black cloak made out of bear skin covering it all. “Name be Captain Helbid Jor Skullfist.” He finally gave his name as he stood there looking at him. Looking at the women he was silent before a Scarlet Macaw flew over and landed on his shoulder. “Arrrrggg...pretty wench.” The bird squeaked before Helbid looked at him with and spoke with a growl. “Ta bird be Torr.” With that he looked back at Epoh.

Words: 434
ooc: I forgot he had a bird.
Female
32 Years
Wilder
Mackenzie Wolf
Homeless
Bisexual
Wilder
Epoh frowned "If it was my father, I would say you remind me of my father..." she moved her weight and kept her gaze on him. "Where I come from, lass means a child" that was just what she was used to, whether he was being polite or not. She had already figured that he was from these lands originally. Watching as he changed she found that he was shorter than her and stocky to boot. She couldn't tell if he was human or not though. Not that it mattered to her. 

Looking to the bird and tilted her head "Pretty?" she moved some and looked to the sea "....no, I am no such thing." Or she had never been called pretty before, except by someone she did not exactly take seriously. She was thinking of the man who had raised her a lot today and she sighed lightly before looking back to Helbid. "My last name...or title, is Nogard" it was also the name of the kingdom she had been a guard of, though that was a whole different story that she didn't want to explain. It just felt right to offer the last name since he had offered his. 

201 words
Helbid