Legends of Amarna
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

CboxSeason
Winter, Year 1

Where is the snow? As autumn fades into winter, the temperatures are still unusually high, and excepting areas in high elevations and of normally frigid temperatures, snow refuses to fall. Even rain is hard to find these days, and as the crystal clear skies beat down upon the earth, not a cloud in sight, one can begin to wonder what is going on with the world. The golden grass is crisp and dry, and though the fires have slowed with the seasons, there is still a hint of smoke in the air, and every now and then a small one crops up. The rivers are beginning to dwindle to a trickle, and mud has dried into thick cracked clay.
This normally isn't my thing....
Female
25 Years
Vata
Horse/Gypsy Vanner
Homeless
Heterosexual
Registered
Mystique watched, dressed in the finest dress she could afford-which was still poor by rich standards. Her mask hid her face, which made it a little easier to be in such a place during a party. The main reason she had come was to make sure no one got hurt. Even if she was not the best healer in the world, she would at least be able to help if someone happened to be harmed during this event. Not that she expected trouble to brew in an event that was supposed to be of peace...but it was best to be prepared just in case. 

At least that was what she believed, so she had bought her dress and mask and was now here among the crowd. She watched as the others danced and a part of her wanted to join in, but she was too shy plus she didn't know anyone here. Sighing silently to herself she continued to watch and hope that no one really got hurt here. Rubbing her hands on the fabric of her new dress she listened to the music with just mild interest. Music was not as intriguing to her as the motions of the dancers were. 

202 words
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 6
Wilder
Aeoloni
I could not have made it this far
had there not been angels along the way.

Adjusting her long forest green dress, her violet tipped wings folded neatly against her back, the woman prepared herself to enter the ballroom. Already she had been in this land for a year, and though time seemed to be happening more slowly here than in her previous land, it was also as if time had flown by. This time last year, she had been to a ball, similar, yet different from this one. She was learning the nuances of the land, the magic and strangeness that seemed woven in its very fabric. Though she couldn't say it seemed completely normal, she was growing more and more at home and was learning as the seasons changed. It was how it had always been for her, and even if she was immortal, it seemed that life came back full circle, as it always had. Changing, adapting, yet nothing was fully new, not if you had been around long enough to see the patterns.

As it felt appropriate, she was in her human form, and though it still seemed foreign to her, like a dress rarely worn, she was adapting. She was comfortable and graceful enough that she was not clumsy and her movements were not awkward, even if some of her equine tendencies still showed through. Habits like dipping her head on greeting, or stomping a foot in irritation. Though she presumed humans could do those things, it was more of an equine nature, especially when hands were available to use, and facial expressions far more accurate.

Pausing, she noticed a servant moving by, a tray with wine in his hand. Accepting his offer for a drink, she smiled and thanked him for the beverage. Wine was one of her favorites. Sadly, if she drank too much in the mortal realm, it seemed like the world around her would begin to spin, and she would say and do things that were out of her character. She did not enjoy the lack of control, though she did enjoy the taste, at least in moderation... besides a tiny bit of a buzz wasn't too terrible, it was just what happened afterwards that left her regretting that one last drink.

Moving gracefully across the floor, her brilliant red hair bobbing with the motion, she spotted a young woman with a mask and a beautiful but modest dress. She also noticed her wild bright hair and pointed ears. Pausing, she changed direction and moved towards the stranger, a smile on her face. Reaching out a hand in greeting, she decided to initiate some conversation. "Hello. I'm Aeoloni, though you can call me Aeo if you would like. I noticed you standing here by yourself, so I thought I would come say hi. Are you enjoying the gala so far?" Looking at the dancers, she noted how graceful they appeared, their motions elegant and in time with the music. She would need to get out and dance tonight if she could find a partner.

Word Count: 497 | OOC: Sorry for the rambling, Aeo tends to do that. Don't feel like you need to mirror my post xD| Tags: Mystique
x | x
Female
25 Years
Vata
Horse/Gypsy Vanner
Homeless
Heterosexual
Registered
Mystique looked towards the voice and smiled nervously "Oh h-hello..." She rubbed her hands together a little. "It's p-pretty nice" she said in answer to Aeoloni's question then looked away. "My name is Mystique" she offered quietly and then looked towards the dance floor again. This was bad, she never knew what to say to other people, or how to act. She was normally too shy to talk to someone on her own, so she only really interacted with those she healed or that approached her like this. Even then she got super nervous and ended up stuttering a lot. 

Now Aeoloni would likely just leave, thinking that she was stupid or something. Lots of people thought that and didn't really bother to get to know her. So she didn't really have any friends. It didn't really bother her, but it would be nice to one day have someone she could think of as a friend and talk to when she was feeling lonely or sad. That didn't seem all to likely to her, but she didn't give up hope of finding at least one person who would stick around and just talk to her for more than a few minutes. 

201 words
Female
25 Years
Wilder
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual
Threads: 6
Wilder
Aeoloni
I could not have made it this far
had there not been angels along the way.

Smiling kindly at the other, she noticed her stuttering and some of what she supposed were her nervous habits. Aeo had some herself. Maybe not caused by nervousness, but rather strange habits she had picked up over the centuries. Some were mannerisms she had learned from others while some had cropped up randomly and just found their way into the ways she presented herself.

"Mystique, that is a very pretty name," she said in an attempt to ease the other's nervousness. Sometimes giving a complement would relax someone who was quite nervous, but at other times it could backfire and make them uncomfortable. However, it was the truth, and the woman thought the name to be pretty. She had not met many others with the name, so like hers she thought it must be unique.

Standing quietly there for a second and taking a small sip of her wine, she watched the dancers waiting to see if the other woman would open up a bit. Perhaps if she enjoyed the moment the other would feel more comfortable, and allow herself to open up. As with complements, Aeoloni knew it could backfire, but she thought she would try anyways. She was here to socialize, get a feel for the crowd, and to enjoy herself. Seeing someone off by themselves made her want to reach out to them and hopefully make friends.

"Just out of curiosity, but do you reside in Vata, or are you from elsewhere? I can imagine that if you are, it must be wonderful to have someone occupying the throne again." Taking another sip of her wine, she leaned against a column, standing there casually and relaxed.

Word Count: 279 | OOC: Big Grin | Tags: Mystique
x | x