Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Reserved One with nature

played by https://amarna-rpg.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=94
Vata

Female
Horse/Gypsy Vanner
Homeless
Heterosexual

Mystique

Mystique sat underneath a tree, she thought it might be called a willow with how the branches and leaves reached up into the sky and then went to the ground, making a sort of natural curtain. There was a little space in the leaves where she could still gaze out at the valley like view that the land had decided to turn into when she came here. There was a pond that she could see in the distance and some wild horses grazing, and it just felt so peaceful. It was perfect for someone like her. Sighing she was content to just sit here and watch nature, having just wanted a place to relax her nerves a bit and it looked like this island had answered her call.

Rubbing the ground and feeling grass through her fingers she smiled "Thank you" she said, not caring how silly it may be to talk to the island but she wanted to show her thanks somehow. Looking back up she moved closer to the trunk as she noticed a new form in her gaze, one that was surely not natural to such a place. Another person. From here she could not tell what species they were, but that didn't really matter to her as she was already feeling her nerves and anxiety rising back up to their normal levels. 

227 words
Find Quote

played by Hermes
Ventri

Male
Amur Tiger
Whiteheart Savannah
Heterosexual

Icarus

Icarus
The shy man has found his way out to a new island. One of the stone portals had carried him to this place. Icarus had seen this as a chance to escape from the racket that seems to accompany any signs of civilization. 

Whispers had reached his ears that an there was a land that could shift appearance every day. Seeking the solidarity and peace of such a place, he had found his way to the portals and that is how he finds himself on this island. 

Icarus has chosen to appear in his human form today, savoring ever moment in the sun. Archimedes is perched upon his head, little feet entwined in Icarus’s hair. Stopping for moment, the man looks out over the land. Hand reaches up to shade his eyes so he can see better. 

A pond lays a little way off, along with a willow tree. Some horses are grazing and Icarus smiles to himself. Perhaps he could sneak to the safety of the tree and watch the animals. Slowly, so as not to startle the equines, he makes his way toward the curtain of leaves. Eyes do not stray from the horses as he makes sure to take each step carefully. After a few minutes Icarus makes it to the willow 

With a smile to himself, he reaches out to part the giant screen of branches. Body tenses when the separated leaves reveal a figure sitting on the ground. Panic swells in chest and the urge to run tingles along his nerves. 

Archimedes pecks his head, hard, and the distraction allows his flight reflex to pass. Still, Icarus does not wish to disturb this woman, she looks very comfortable where she is. Green and purple hair catch his attention and he spies a pair of delicate deer like antlers sprouting from her head. 

Realizing he is probably staring, the man ducks his head to hide his eyes from the woman’s gaze. Mumbling apologetically, “I…I am sorry. I didn’t see you there.”

Eyes stare at the ground as he shifts his weight from one foot to another. He really wants to look at her again, but Icarus doesn’t want the pretty lady to be mad at him. Anxiety ripples through him. Would she demand he leave? Berate and reprimand him for interrupting her? 

His tiny bluebird, Archimedes, offers a sweet little song to the woman while Icarus turns over in his mind all the horrible things he has done. Eyes shoot up to her face for a moment and in a pleading tone he begs her, “Please don’t make me leave. I just wanted to watch the horses.” 

Mystique
x | x
Find Quote

Vata

Female
Horse/Gypsy Vanner
Homeless
Heterosexual

Mystique

Mystique looked to the person who now appeared to be a male and gave a shy smile "I-it's okay...why w-would I make you l-leave?" sure she was nervous with someone else here and her stutter would be likely noticeable, but she wasn't the type to chase others away. Looking out at the view she smiled a little more easily "It's a g-g-good view, I don't m-mind sharing it..." and she really didn't even moving so he could sit under the tree with her if he so wished. Looking him over she found his bird a little entertaining and smiled even more as she patted the ground in invitation. 

Then she went back to watching the horses herself, not sure what else she could say to the man. Well, other than giving her name which she squirmed in place about before actually doing it "My n-name is Mystique" she nearly whispered and wasn't completely sure if he would hear it or not, but at least she had tried. Flushing at her own nervous habits she hugged her knees and tried not to focus too much on how close he was right now.

205 words
Icarus
Find Quote

played by Hermes
Ventri

Male
Amur Tiger
Whiteheart Savannah
Heterosexual

Icarus

Icarus
Relief floods Icarus, the woman wasn’t going to kick him out! A genuine, heart-felt smile appears on his lips. The man was used to be turned away, scorned and belittled at every turn but this person was showing him kindness. For the first time in a long while he wanted to be in the company of another being. 

When she moves and pats the ground next to her Icarus moves hastily to join her. When he is comfortably seated, the tiger in human form sneaks another glance at the woman. Along with her antlers, Icarus notices that she also has flowers in her hair. 

When she offers her name, the man almost misses it. So soft is her voice that he strains to hear her words. But he catches her name and replies with his, “My name is Icarus. It is so nice to meet you.” 

From the bottom of his heart he means it. When she hugged her knees, Icarus realizes she is just as nervous as he is. Looking out at the horses, he says, “I am sorry. I don’t mean to trouble you.” 

Hanging his head, Icarus becomes acutely aware that Archimedes is still on his perched atop him when the bluebird flaps his wings. Cheeks flush red as the man realizes he forgot all about his friend. He was so caught up in meeting Mystique that all thoughts of his little birdy friend had zoomed right out of his mind. 

Lifting his head so the bird doesn’t have to struggle, Icarus mumbles his apology to Archimedes. To Mystique he says, “This is my little bluebird friend. His name is Archimedes.” With that Archimedes takes flight from his perch on Icarus’s head and lands near the woman. Fluffing out his feathers the bird starts to sing to her. 

Another smile crosses Icarus’s lips and he informs the lady, “Archimedes really likes you! He only sings for people he likes.” For a moment he watches the horses, enjoying the scenery and the person he was sharing it with. 

Feeling the need to explain himself, Icarus begins, “I don’t mean to be a bother. It has been a long time since I have met someone as nice as you. I am so used to people being mean and horrible to me.” Dipping his head, he whispers, “Thank you for sharing this spot with me.” 

Head raises again so he can look out over the land while Archimedes chirps and sings to his newfound friend. 

Mystique
x | x
Find Quote

Vata

Female
Horse/Gypsy Vanner
Homeless
Heterosexual

Mystique

Mystique listened to the man, who seemed to not really know what to focus on when talking. It made her smile as she looked to the bird and nodded at its song. "It's a v-very pretty b-bird..." she looked to him and moved her head some so her hair fell in her face to hide her light blush. "You're not b-b-bothering me" she looked back to the ground, unable to keep her gaze on the man...Icarus for very long without feeling more shy and awkward. It was just the way she was and had nothing to do with the man bothering her. 

Sighing she looked out past the branches and saw that the wild horses had moved, heading to the water to get a drink. It was strange watching a more wild counterpart to her kind. These horses likely didn't talk or turn to a more human appearance. They were just here...eating grass and drinking water and moving about in a seemingly unpurposeful way. It was nice to watch and see how different things could have been...after all she could have been like those horses, just out in the wild and living. 

202 words
Icarus
Find Quote