Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Open (Gala) Of Magic and Starlight

played by Hermes
Wilder

Female
Immortal (looks 24)
Gypsy Vanner
Homeless
Heterosexual

Tracker / Plotter

Thumbelina

Thumbelina
The evening promises to filled with magic. 

Word has reached the furthest corners of the kingdom that Vata has an Empress. To celebrate the arrival of winter and the newly finished construction of the Palace, the Ruler has invited all to attend a Gala. 

This is why Thumbelina finds herself making her way into the grand ballroom. Tonight, she in her human form, hair pulled back into small braids and the braids weaved into a bun. She wears an elegant dark blue off the shoulder dress, with embordered bright blue leaves that sweep from the top of the gown down toward the bottom. As the branches near the bottom the deep blue of the material brightens to lighter hue until it ends in white. Lace curls up from base, reaching toward the sprawling branches, appearing like snow covered trees. Her filigree mask is simple yet stylish. 

With all the grace and beauty she can muster, the fairy woman glides her way through the crowd. Misha, her fairy fox companion, trails behind her, eyeing the scenery. Lanterns sparkle and gleam, bathing the room in their glow. 

Making her way towards the dais where the Empress sits in attendance, it takes all the mare turned human’s focus not to trip over her own feet. The woman has opted for a simple pair of sandals to adorn her feet, and the things keep tripping her at every turn. Usually she is barefoot, but the occasion calls for something more sophisticated. Stopping, she rubs her right foot against the back of her left leg, trying to make the odd footwear more comfortable. It does not help. Misha looks up at her, eyes bright with laughter. She sends a scowl Misha’s way that carries no malice behind it. 

With a sigh, Thumbelina and her friend continue their trek to the throne. Etiquette dictates that she should greet the ruler and give her thanks but the woman wants to do more than that. Delicate fairy wings flit in nervous anticipation. What does one say to an Empress? All thoughts are cast aside as she finds herself in front of the throne. Stopping a respectable distance away, the suddenly shy woman pulls the edges of her skirt up and curtsies deeply to the ruler of this land. 

She had been taught this custom when she purchased the dress for the gala. The kindly shopkeeper’s daughter had drilled her in the proper form of curtsying. Hopefully, she has made the girl proud. Misha extends a front leg forward and dips his head low, showing his own form of courtesy. 

As Thumbelina stands, a blush creeps up her necks and spreads across her lightly freckled cheeks. She begins, “Hello your majesty. My name is Thumbelina and I am eternally grateful for the invitation tonight.” Eyes try to avoid the face of the Empress, is it impolite to look at their face? Is it impolite to look away? Wings flutter with nervous energy as the woman continues, “I hope that, someday, I can repay your kindness.” 

Thumbelina knows the invitation was sent for the whole kingdom but somehow, it felt personal to her. As if the Empress had sent for her directly. It is a silly notation but one the little fairy cannot shake. Braving a look at the woman in power, Thumbelina is astounded at how beautiful she is. A smile breaks across the shorter woman’s lips. This Empress seems to radiate kindness and the nervousness that had taken root in the fairy, disappears. 

Nelayryn Aeoloni
x | x
Find Quote

played by TrinitySilph
Vata

Female
25 (Immortal)
Andalusian x Cob
Faern Cascades
Bisexual
0dd

Nelayryn

Nelayryn
I Will Never Let You Fall
Tonight, as all the world gathered in the gleaming ballroom, Nelayryn's heart soared. How beautiful her kingdom was, her people, all those who danced beneath a thousand glowing lanterns. All this for her, and all this for them. All the world a kingdom, a queendom, a family.

The seraph sat above them all, perched elegantly on her throne on a low dais, watching the dancing and listening to the music and laughter. This ball was to be a promise to all of them that her reign would be bright and kind... though perhaps it was too presumptuous of her to think she could solve all the world's problems with a little light. There had already been a fair amount of theft of hors d'oeuvres from the buffet by creatures who seemed to think they might never get a meal again. They didn't know she was watching. She wouldn't say a word.
Poor things... let them take it. There is plenty here for all.

The empress smoothed her gown over her knees and laid one hand over the other in her lap. Her eyes were closed tonight, for she did not wish to cause any undue alarm in her new subjects, for all that they, as a whole, had already accepted her, and she felt strikingly blind. Such a shame that mortals were so fragile in their preferences – she would have liked to have seen them with all her vision. Still, she took comfort in knowing Llewel was there to be her eyes if needed. The little dragon lay over her shoulders like a lazy feather boa, shimmering pink in the lanternlight, glittering eyes darting from person to person so much like a purse dog that Nelayryn could only smile. The poor thing was at his wits' end, being around so many strangers, and she reached up with one hand to scratch him between his little horns before replacing it in her lap.

As she sat there, so alone but full of so much love, the empress found herself facing a lovely young girl... no, another immortal. There was always something... other... about the ageless. So young and yet so, so eternal. Nelayryn had scarce seen other immortals outside of her own herd, and finding two here in the short months since her coronation was a treat in and of itself.

“Hello your majesty. My name is Thumbelina and I am eternally grateful for the invitation tonight. “I hope that, someday, I can repay your kindness.”
”Welcome, sister,” she replied, and was surprised to find that the woman didn't look her in the eyes. Even with her smaller eyes closed... was she such a sight? Still, she smiled warmly – it would be a shame to encourage whatever fear drove the poor little thing. ”You are always welcome at the palace.”
On her shoulder, Llewel lifted his little head and grimaced faintly. Welcome... bah! Nelayryn only scratched his head again until he dropped it back to her shoulder.

”It is a pleasure to meet you, Thumbelina. I do hope we can become friends.”
It wasn't merely a pleasantry – it was so very hard to make friends with mortals, knowing their lives would slip away and she would see generations of friends pass into the aether. More immortals around... would feel very homey indeed.

images by Chris Sabor and Ilja Tulit (Unsplash) & code by bailu
Thumbelina Aeoloni
Find Quote

played by Hermes
Wilder

Female
Immortal (looks 24)
Gypsy Vanner
Homeless
Heterosexual

Tracker / Plotter

Thumbelina

Thumbelina
The Empress is so kind. 

When Nelayryn calls her sister, the little fairy's heart soars with happiness. Eyes find the woman’s face, and a smile breaks across the shorter one’s lips. The Empress of Vata is beyond beautiful. From her regal continence to her six wings, every element of her being lends to and enhances every layer the woman’s magnificence. She is royal and glorious and, in that moment, Thumbelina knows she wants to help the Empress in any way possible. Whether the pretty one knows it or not, she has just made a friend. 

The feeling of kinship only intensifies when Nelayryn says that she hopes they can be friends. This makes the little one’s heart nearly explode with pride. An Empress hopes that she can be her friend? Her? Thumbelina has to stop herself from looking behind her to make sure that there is not someone else the beautiful ruler is talking to. 

Another smile graces her face and the woman says, “I hope we can become friends too. If you need anything from me or Misha we are here to help.” When she mentions Misha’s name the kind fairy points to her fox friend. He looks up at his companion with smile, he would do anything Thumbelina asked of him. 

The dragon that lays over Nelayryn’s shoulders draws the curious Fae’s attention. It is stunning and the pink hue of its scales is striking. The fairy woman says, “I like your friend. They seem very protective of you. Misha is my guardian. He protects me from myself.”

Giggling, she looks at her buddy. With a roll of his eyes and a snort, Misha confirms her statement. Looking back at the Empress, she explains, “I don’t mean to get into trouble, it just kind of follows me. Misha says I am too trusting of people but I think everyone deserves to be trusted. That is unless they prove otherwise.” 

The fox lifts an eyebrow and shakes his head, the problem with Thumbelina is that she never thinks anyone does not deserve her trust. Even when they prove otherwise. But that is why he loves her and for that reason he protects her from the world. He might seem grumpy but it is only because one of the pair has to keep their feet on the ground.

Thumbelina looks around the room, enjoying the happy sounds that seem to accompany all those gathered. She tries to be an example of grace and poise, but fails when her feet start to itch and she fidgets. Nose wrinkles as the feeling increases, making it near impossible to keep her composure. Misha sends the feeling of laughter through their link and she shoots back the feeling of an itch between his wings. Both of their eyes widen as the irritations overwhelm their senses. 

Right there, in front of the Ruler and her guests, Thumbelina plops down on her butt and takes off the wretched footwear. Misha follows suit, planting his bottom on the floor, and tries his best to get at the creeping sensation that is crawling between his wings. Relief floods her as the sandals are removed. Stretching her toes and wiggling her feet, Thumbelina releases a sigh of contentment. 

A deep blush spreads across her cheeks as she realizes what she has just done. All the woman can do is say, “I hate sandals.” and offer an embarrassed smile.

Nelayryn
x | x
Find Quote

played by TrinitySilph
Vata

Female
25 (Immortal)
Andalusian x Cob
Faern Cascades
Bisexual
0dd

Nelayryn

It seemed immortality had done nothing to scrub the shine from the little one's soul. She gleamed with joy, basking in praise Nelayryn was not entirely sure she had given. Had the poor thing been so lonely that a polite greeting translated to such joy? The empress wondered how improper it would be to bring the poor dear under her wing.

Llewel scoffed in their mental bond. ”You don't need her, you have me.”
”There is no harm in collecting friends,” Nelayryn retorted. ”I love you dearly, my scaly friend, but I would do myself and my empire a disservice in binding myself to you alone.”
”Bah. Do as you wish. I'll bite her if she crosses you.”
”I'm counting on it, little one.”

The faerie was speaking again, and Nelayryn smiled and nodded to the little fox. ”And welcome to you, as well, Misha.”

“I like your friend. They seem very protective of you. Misha is my guardian. He protects me from myself. I don’t mean to get into trouble, it just kind of follows me. Misha says I am too trusting of people but I think everyone deserves to be trusted. That is unless they prove otherwise.”

Again, the empress nodded. ”Your Misha is very wise, but much like my Llewel, I think. Trust and distrust are both things to be earned, not assumed.”
On her shoulder, Llewel huffed indignantly, and a glittering little cloud of smoke puffed up from his nostrils.
”Excuse me??”
”Be polite, my dear.”

She was about to say more, but suddenly the girl's nose was wrinkled, her expression utterly disdainful. Nelayryn's head tilted slightly in confusion, but before she could inquire, Thumbelina had plopped herself down on the marble tiles before the throne and pulled off her sandals. Apparently the footwear had been such a curse that removing them caused visible relief in the girl.
”Wh-- oh! The nerve! The impropriety! Scandal!
Nelayryn couldn't answer Llewel's mental cries, blinking in surprise at her unconventional guest.

“I hate sandals.”
It was so....

honest.

Nelayryn blinked again, then burst into peals of laughter, bell-like and gentle, not mocking. When she could finally open her eyes again, she forgot to keep the smaller ones closed.
”Oh dear... I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you. Rather... I think I agree.”
”You what??
She ignored the dragon as he scrabbled ineffectively at her shoulders in a mad bid to keep his balance while she bent and pulled off her own ornate shoes. She set them neatly next to her throne as he squawked in outrage. ”Who doesn't prefer to feel where they walk, truly?”

Llewell was appalled.

Thumbelina
Find Quote

played by Hermes
Wilder

Female
Immortal (looks 24)
Gypsy Vanner
Homeless
Heterosexual

Tracker / Plotter

Thumbelina

Thumbelina
The Empress is so kind. 

From the way she greets Misha to her response to the sandal incident, Nelayryn is been nothing but compassionate. 

When the fairy plopped her butt on the floor and removed the offending footwear, she had feared that the woman would scorn her. Thumbelina was always one to act before thinking things through. If something bothered her, she simply remedied the situation quickly and moved on. There was never reason to fret or fear that she had offended someone. However, tonight, she had dreaded exceedingly, that perhaps she had done something wrong. The little dragon, that graces the ruler’s shoulders like a shawl, already seems to dislike her and she never wants anyone to hate her. 

But when Nelayryn laughs the fairy does not hear mocking or disdain in her tone. Instead it is gentle, kind. Eyes become round in surprise. The beautiful lady is not mad! Her eyes open, all eight of them and the fairy does not shrink or cringe at the sight. Instead, Thumbelina only thinks that it adds to the beauty of the woman. 

When the Empress explains that she was not laughing at her but rather agreeing the shorter one smiles brilliantly. Face is alight with joy and laughter as the woman before her leans down, much to the dragon’s chagrin, and removes her own elegant shoes. Laughter rings through the ball room as the fairy heaves great, deep lungfuls of mirth. Body shakes, tears spring to her eyes as Thumbelina enjoys the kinship she feels with the ruler before her. 

Oh dear, the dragon seems to be appalled. 

Oh well, she does not care, she does just not at this moment. Thumbelina regains control of her laughter and simmers it down to giggles. Tears leak out of the corner of her eyes and she wipes away the wet from her cheeks. 

Nodding her agreement to the question posed to her, the fairy says, “Yes! It is the only way to live! How else can one give thanks to the earth and the beings that live upon it? We must all stay connected to beating hearts and souls that roam this land.” Another smile, they are never hard to find on her lips, as she beams at her friend. 

Nelayryn may not know it, but this little fairy has just pledged her friendship to the woman. Quick to give her love out to all those who cross her path, it is always special to Thumbelina when she deems a new person her ‘friend’. Maybe one day she can win over the little dragon too. 

Misha just sits patiently next to the girl that still sits on the floor. She wiggles her toes and swings her feet back and forth, like a kid, smiling widely at the Empress. 

Oh! There was something she wanted to give the kind lady! A blush creeps up the back of Thumbelina neck and across her cheeks. She says, “I made something for you when I heard you were the new Empress.”

Ducking her head in an attempt to hide her embarrassment, she uses this as an excuse to find the little gift. Hand finds the hidden pocket that she had sown into the lining of her dress for this exact reason. 

Hand reappears with a crown, made entirely of flowers. It had taken her hours to find the perfect flowers (deep purple, soft blue and bright yellow), weave them together with long vines to form the shape and loving finish it with one big orange flower in the front. The time did not matter to her, it was the act that had brought her such immense joy. Now, she hopes the lady will find as much happiness in the gift as she found in making it. Some of the flowers had come loose in the transporting in her pocket but deft hands quickly fix the crown. 

Moving to stand, the woman gathers her legs under her and makes it to her feet. Tentatively she takes a step toward the throne, extending the gift toward Nelayryn. The fairy explains, “All rulers need a symbol of their authority. I thought that you might not have one yet, so I made you one.” Soft, slightly nervous smile graces her lips as she says, “I hope you like it.”

Thumbelina looks at the Empress with all the innocence of a child presenting a handmade, sloppy present to her parent. 

Nelayryn
x | x
Find Quote