Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Open Twilight strolls

played by Angie
Ventri

Female
Feline/Jaguar
Homeless
Demisexual

Lucy

The land had been hot, so very hot as of late and Lucy found herself feeling sickly because of it. A summer cold perhaps, but she kept the fact that she was a bit sick hidden as the girl didn’t wish to make a fool of herself by showing weakness. If asked she would simply smile and say she was fine before moving away. Hurrying away from other the girl felt horrible dressed in a soft cotton dress that went down to just about her ankles and had short sleeves. It really wasn’t anything fancy, and it was just simple in sundress that was mint green mostly, but faded into a lovely shade of baby blue at the bottom. She did have a pair of white high heels she had been wearing, but felt a bit dizzy so she removed them. Walking around the castle barefoot she did get some strange looks, but none really said anything.

Holding the shoes in her hand she tugged gently on the bandages wrapped around her left hand. She wasn’t hurt, she just always had them there for they hid some ugly scars. Though the scars on her legs weren’t covered as she ran out of bandages when re wrapping so the girl just hoped her dress would keep them covered so no one would have to look at them.

Moving about the castle grounds as the sun started to set and the sky turned ablaze of color the girl found herself at the pool. Eyes looked at the sky for a few moments as she could see smoke from all the fires lingering. ”These stupid wolves can’t they just leave us alone?” She questioned in a sort of loud whisper. Lucy had already decided to blame the wolves as she didn’t like them all that much with how their kind had treated her before for most of her life. Shifting the girl wrapped both her tails around her as she sat down at the edge of the pool. Having moved her dress up so it didn’t fall over the edge and get wet first. Once she had he feet in she placed the shoes down next to her and just stared up at the sky every once and a while sniffling and rubbing her nose gently.
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Ventri

Female
Snow Leopard
Homeless
Heterosexual

Sarmina

S A R M I N A

Prowling through the castle in her feline form, Sarmina could feel the heat beating down upon her. It was an overly warm day, and even though they were in the jungle, the air was dry and stunk of smoke Wrinkling her nose against the acrid odor she snarled. Someone must be starting the fires. They would need to find out soon who it was, and why. It was likely Vata or Vasta that was doing it. Or maybe even a band of decrepit wilders. Filth. All of them. That is why the felines should rule the world. Even with this heat, even if it was out of their control, they would keep raging wildfires from sprouting within their borders. Already, news had reached her of another burn. Miles from the castle, but close enough to see the towers of black smoke rising, and the glow of the flames from the fortress at night.

Thinking that she might enjoy a bit of a respite from the heat, she made her way towards the castle pools. Though they were felines, it was not unknown for many of them to enjoy the water. Especially in their human forms. Being a cat made it hard to dry off, but the thin sparse hair that being a human provided, left the pool even more tempting on such a miserable day.

As she neared the little bit of oasis, she stopped briefly in her quarters, and allowed herself to grow into her human form. She was taller as a human, but still tiny in comparison to most. It irked her, but that was the way it was. If anyone insulted her, she was the queen, the empress, and she could have their head if she wanted. Changing into a sheer outfit, she walked the remaining way towards the water, along the ivory and carved stone that made up her castle. Already she could feel the breeze playing through the sheer fabric, and while it was hot, it felt nice, even if she chose to suffer as a heavily furred snow leopard most of the time.

Turning the corner and entering the pool area through a couple of tall arches, she noticed that the girl she had freed not too long ago was sitting by the pool and dressed in a soft cotton dress. Sarmina had given her a room in the castle, and had taken her under her wing. While they hadn't seen each other much since Lucy had been freed, Sarmina still felt a soft spot in her heart for the poor girl. It would be nice to talk to her this afternoon.

Reaching the pool, she sat down, feet in the water, next to the pink-haired woman. She had heard her comment about the wolves. "No, I guess they can't. Someone must be starting those fires, and I wouldn't be surprised if Vasta and Vata were working together to burn these lands down." She said it with a bit of remorse, that it was a shame that they were so stupid to be targeting the felines and setting the lands on fire If they didn't stop, then everyone would suffer. Even them.

Changing the subject, she looked at the girl, her cold lavender eyes only slightly warmer than the cruel glare they often held. "I apologize for not checking back on you sooner. My duties as an empress have kept me very busy. How have you been faring? Has the castle been to your liking?" They were simple questions, but she was genuinely interested in how Lucy was doing. Hopefully she was adjusting to her new life well enough.

OOC: EEE! Big Grin
Word Count: 605
Lucy

Find Quote

played by Angie
Ventri

Female
Feline/Jaguar
Homeless
Demisexual

Lucy

Summer. The season of heat. Though this summer seemed to be the season of hell on earth. Sitting there with her feet in the water she flinched for a moment as the chill liquid touched her skin. It washed over the scars on her legs and burned slightly. She wasn’t some girl that melts in water or anything, but her skin was sensitive to touch of any kind really. Eyes closing she leaned back and rested on her elbows enjoying the peace of the pool. Ears twitching as she heard someone walk by but paid no mind. Resting there she slowly allowed her eyes to open as she heard the voice of Mistress Sarmina flow over to her through the air. ”Probably Vasta. Wolves can’t stand to leave anything pretty alone.” Her voice wasn’t really lady like as she all but growled about the wolves having had a bad life due to a cruel wolf master she didn’t care for them at all.

Shifting the girl sat up and turned to look towards her Empress, her serious face of disgust turning to a soft gentle smile. Listening closely she softly shook her head as she replied. ”No please don’t apologize. I could have came to you, but neglected to.” With those words she lowered her head ashamed that she hadn’t sought out the women and that they were meeting by complete change at the moment. ”For that I apologize and I also apologize for not properly thinking you for all the kindness you have shown me. The castle is wonderful, the people of Ventri have been nothing but wonderful. I have never felt more like I belong than strolling the streets of the city among the other felines”. Her voice was timid as she spoke, but there was passion and gratefulness as she spoke about Ventri and its people.

Tag: @Sarmina | Words: 315
Find Quote