Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Reserved Mister melted brain & the shamy man

played by Angie
Vasta

Male
31 (immortal)
Timber Wolf
Emperor of Ilumis City
Heterosexual

Tiarsus

The heat was so overpowering even up in the north for the Elven Emperor. All the fires worried him greatly, but Katie couldn't help but feel as if there might be a bigger problem then just bad weather. Fires here and there where one thing, but was someone setting them? Or where the gods here just angry and testing all that lived under them? Perhaps. He didn't know too much of the gods here and he felt he needed to learn more so at the moment the tall young man found himself sitting in the corner of the library nose in a book with a tower almost as tall as him next to him on the ground. Flipping a page he sighed softly and muttered. "Come on there has to be information somewhere." He was on the fourth book of the day a thick old looking red one. So far it didn't shine a light on the gods and goddesses, but it did talk about different gems of the land which was interesting.
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Vasta

Male
Timber Wolf
Homeless
Heterosexual

Ryndir

Wandering into the library, the shaman made his way towards the back corner. There were masses of books and scrolls everywhere, and it was quite the collection to behold. He was looking for scrolls on the herbs, plants, and the different wildlife in the area. While he had learned much about the land in these few months here, there was still some things he needed to grasp. One could never learn too much about new places or things, and considering that this was a whole new world or universe or whatever it was, he figured he needed to know as much as he could to help his people in the best way possible. As he made his way back, he saw Tiarsus. Looking through a book of what appeared to be gems. It was stifling hot in here, but Ryndir ignored the heat as he made his way back. "It looks like you found a book on gems? Did you find anything good in there?"
Find Quote

played by Angie
Vasta

Male
31 (immortal)
Timber Wolf
Emperor of Ilumis City
Heterosexual

Tiarsus

Shifting through the pages he was a bit annoyed that he was having trouble find what he was searching for. However in all honesty he had just started to look and it was the heat making him cranky. Back in the corner with bookcases and books all around there really was no air flow and it probably should find a better spot but he didn't want to move. Blinking a few times he heard the steps of someone coming and then a voice. Looking up he wiped some sweat from his face and sighed. "I didn't find what I am looking for, but I found some interesting stuff yes. Apparently there is a gem in this world that slows down aging." He said with a bit of a shrug. "Though I am looking for info on the gods of this land, but nothing yet. What of you?" He asked looking at him wondering why he was in the library on this day.
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Vasta

Male
Timber Wolf
Homeless
Heterosexual

Ryndir

Noticing Katie's discomfort, Ryndir realized how hot it really was in this back corner and thought that opening a window or two might help. Ignoring the stifling sensation for now, however, he responded to Tiarsus in a kind tone. "That's really interesting. I wonder how such a thing works. I'll have to do some research myself. there's quite a bit to learn about this place. Perhaps you might find some more information in the temple. They have priests and priestesses there that have dedicated their life in service. They must know something."

Turning to unlock the window and let in some fresh air, he remembered the king's question and answered. "I am just looking to study some of the herbs, grasses, and wildlife. While many of them are the same, I've found a few I do not recognize from Ellenora. I also find the shapeshifting and the fact that we can change into wolves curios. Many who live here also seem to have that gift. This land is steeped in strange magic."
Find Quote

played by Angie
Vasta

Male
31 (immortal)
Timber Wolf
Emperor of Ilumis City
Heterosexual

Tiarsus

Opening a window was probably something he should have done himself, but sitting there feeling all hot and sticky Katie wasn't really thinking right. Looking at the Shaman he was half tempted to ask him to fan him with his wings, but that would just be rude. After all he didn't want to make him hot as well. Well hotter that is. "That is a good idea and between you and me I am just a little lazy to be honest. I wanted to check the library first to see if there was any information in books before going out to bother the good folks at the temple." He said with a nod and a soft sigh as the window was opened. "Fresh air so nice, I forgot the window's open. I think my brain melted is that even possible?" The was a small chuckle at the end of that as he gave a smile. Thinking about what was said his face turned from relief to a stern sort of serious. "Now that you say something I have seen a few unknowns as well."
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Vasta

Male
Timber Wolf
Homeless
Heterosexual

Ryndir

Giving a faint chuckle and a nod Ryndir agreed with the king. "Yes, in this heat it is so much easier to conserve energy and not heat oneself up by unnecessary movement. The temple is by the river, however, and even if it does seem to be drying up, the air must be cooler there than it is in here. I might wander over myself once I find what I need in this stuffy library."

Turning to look through the books and scrolls, he thought he found one that might be of use, and by searching through the other books nearby he found a second. Pulling it from the shelf, he moved towards the table that Tiarsus was sitting at. "I do wonder that sometimes myself. It would be quite an endeavor for someone to try, but that's a rather morbid thought, isn't it? Is it alright if I join you?

Never knowing the king to be one to get mad over petty things, he pulled out a chair, though he didn't sit quite yet. He would wait until the emperor agreed before joining him. He didn't want to be completely rude.

Tiarsus

This thread makes me giggle. xD
Find Quote

played by Angie
Vasta

Male
31 (immortal)
Timber Wolf
Emperor of Ilumis City
Heterosexual

Tiarsus

Listening Katie nodded slightly. Thinking about what was being said his eyes seemed to light up when Ryndir said something about the river. "A dip in the river sounds lovely right now." He mused out loud. Thinking about it he looked down at the book in his hands and flipped though the pages. "This land it is so different than home, but at least the summer's there went this bad that you could feel them up in the north." He was more serious now as he took a deep breath and wiped his forehead. "As you know where it is I take it you have been to the temple before?" Questioning softly his voice danced over the room. Watching Ryndir he watched him for a moment as he came over and listened as he spoke.

"No. Your body heat will make me melt." He cooed in a stern voice giving the man a straight face. Well it was straight for only a few moments before he could no longer hold back a chuckle. "Only kidding. Of course you may." Honestly Ryndir didn't really need to ask as Katie saw him as a friend. Someone he could be himself around. Family if you will. "To live forever doesn't sound fun. Honestly all the love one could gain only to watch it slip away from them." He replied as he looked back in the book before him. Reading over the pages Tiarsus was unaware of his own immortality. This land was a strange place indeed with strange magics.

@[Rydnir]
Find Quote