Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Open A Bit Distant to Reality [SWP]

played by Hoofbeats
Wilder

Female
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual

Aeoloni

She had been here once... and the memory wasn't a fond one. It was the night she had battled Vithmiris, found poor Alahna shivering in the cage of bones. They both thought she was going to die, fall into the lava that cascaded down the onyx ground slowly, steadily. But somehow, be it by some stroke of luck, or by one of the deities of the land miraculously intervening, she had survived, and they had both made it away from the situation. Scarred, but free to recover.

She never had thought she would be back, at least not with Alahna perched timidly between her shoulder blade, trying to quench the frightening memories struggling just beneath the surface. Ever since that encounter, the hatchling had never been the same. Once gregarious and bold, she was now frightened, quiet and timid. At least around new people, new situations she did not understand. The world once a place full of fun and happiness was a place that was big and scary. It was sad really, and Aeoloni hoped the dragon would find her courage again, face the wrongs that had been done to her. Perhaps they should have a conversation about it sometimes. She only wanted to see her friend come back out of her shell.

Today, however, was not the day for such a conversation. Aeoloni was on the hunt. For what, she did not know, but she felt in her heart that she would know it when she found it. The search was one of importance, and of such great matters the woman felt she needed to be involved. The fires. The fires had burned with never-ending fervor. With great strength. The ground seemed covered in embers, the air filled with ash. The sun set red. Even in the jungle she saw the effects were felt. The lush green tropics dying and turning brown, fires lighting with the tiniest threat of a spark. It was horrible, frightening almost, watching the world burn away. Turn to soot and ash. It was unpleasant, and even if no one did anything, she felt that something needed to be done. So here she was, searching, searching for an answer to the question, the cause of the fire, and what better place to start than this mountainous hill of lava, this volcano that seeped fire and poison to the world around it.

Weaving her way around, another lingering trail of melted metal, she stopped and gave a faint cough. The air was bad here, it stunk of sulfur, and while she knew she was immortal, ironically, considering she had been sent here as a mortal, she still felt the effects of it, and worried about the hatching between her shoulders.

"Are you alright, little one?"

"This place is scary, but yes. You will keep me safe, won't you?"

"Of course I will, you have nothing to fear. It will be ok, I promise."

Feeling Alahna relax at her words, Aeoloni started up again. She was near the top, perhaps they would find their answer there.

"Aeoloni Speaks"
Aeoloni Thinks
"Alahna Speaks"

Word Count: 509
Muse: 7/10
Notes: Just a little post for the SWP. Let the adventures begin! Big Grin
@[Tag]

There are no wrong turnings.
Only paths we had not known
we were meant to walk.
aeoloni
image | coding
Find Quote

played by AshFisher
Wilder

Male
Mackenzie Wolf
Homeless
Heterosexual

Durg

It had taken far longer than he would ever like to admit to figure out how to find Epoh. It had taken a lot of magic as well, tearing a hole in the air to go to a different world. The knowledge that there were different worlds wasn't too surprising, the gods had hinted as much before to him. That he could travel between them? Well, that was something he had found by accident and not through any script that may have been written. How would those mortals know? They all thought the small lands and buildings they lived and worked in was all there was.

Durg was not mortal, though he wished he could be. Shaking his head he stepped through the tear and he felt the drain as the tear closed and his world was behind him. Looking around he wondered where he was...and was it the right place to find his adoptive daughter? It needed to be because he doubted he could travel like that again any time soon. Stepping forward, he felt himself fall and grunted as he hit the ground. The magic had drained him more than he had thought, he couldn't even move now. Groaning he looked around again and thought he could see a horse in the distance. However, it wasn't like any horse he had ever seen in all his years and he was quite old and well traveled. It confirmed that he wasn't back home...and hopefully, it was the right place to be. 

Watching the horse cautiously, he soon spotted what looked like a hatchling on it's back. A dragon! One of his own kind! He felt joy at the thought then had to calm himself. First, he needed to figure out what kind of place he was in, and then go from there. "Hail!" he said with a raised voice "I...could use some help if you don't mind?" 

318 words
Aeoloni
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Wilder

Female
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual

Aeoloni

Hearing the call from another, Aeoloni perked her head and turned her brilliant azure orbs towards the noise. She could feel Alahna tense up on her back, the terror from the past making her timid, especially in such a frightful place.

"It's ok, I promise."

Feeling the hatchling relax only slightly, and sit in a wary ball, she moved towards the human lying in the dirt. He was some feet away, but not far enough to miss. She wondered how he had gotten here. He didn't appear injured, so it was curious that he was lying on the ground looking helpless. Perhaps he had gotten thirsty or exhausted and could carry on no farther?

Stopping in front of him, she lowered her head, though she did not touch him. Looking at him inquisitively, she noticed his strange robes, and his black hair. She also noticed his brilliant gold eyes. "Hello. Are you alright? What can I do to help?"

Though she supposed he wouldn't be asking for help unless something was wrong and he was lying on the ground, she asked mostly to see if he was in any sort of pain or if anything was broken. She didn't know him, and if he was hurt she didn't want to try and move him and make things worse. This sure was a strange place to find someone in this position, and wondered how he had found himself here.

"Aeoloni Speaks"
Aeoloni Thinks
"Alahna Speaks"

Word Count: 238
Notes: Sorry it's short. My Brain decided to check out Big Grin
Durg

we were meant to walk.
aeoloni
image | coding
Find Quote

played by AshFisher
Wilder

Male
Mackenzie Wolf
Homeless
Heterosexual

Durg

Durg gave a smile, "Well, I...used a lot of magic to get here so...I'm a bit drained. If you could tell me where I landed and where the closest um....inn? Yes, the closest inn is that would be very helpful" His gaze found the young dragon and he felt a little saddened that it seemed scared of him, should it not be able to smell that he was the same kind? If only he had enough magic to shift he could show the poor dear it was among friends. Sighing to himself he tried to at least stand and winced at the soreness in his body.

Well, that was certainly different. Normally he didn't feel sore from using magic, nor did he normally use so much he would collapse. Frowning to himself he wondered if this was some trick of Eternia, the goddess trapped in his body. Knowing he couldn't very well ask he found himself looking up at the...unicorn? Pegasus? The horse with wings and horn helplessly. "I...can't seem to move much, sorry" When was the last time he felt so powerless? If he reached into the depths of his memories this feeling did feel familiar...from when he was but a yearling and he had been outcast from his home. He didn't much like it and did his best not to focus on it.

225 words
Aeoloni
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Wilder

Female
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual

Aeoloni

Giving him a faint nod, the silver tipped mare acknowledged his words. It was easier to do here in the mortal world, use too much of one's magic, especially since it was so limited, and she wondered what sort of power he had. Perhaps he was just discovering his talents, and had gone too far with his magic. It didn't take much, especially relearning abilities to overextend oneself. She had done that a couple times herself, though it hadn't seemed as severe as what this man was facing.

"That's not good. Though I can't say that's hard to do here, sadly." Reaching into the bag that lay hidden beneath her wing, she pulled out a skin of water and some bread she had tucked away. Offering it to him kindly she hoped it would help him gain the strength he would need. "You are in Aspasia, Spire Mount to be exact. I would say the nearest inn would be in Perigrin port. It's a little over a days walk from here, but much quicker to fly. There's some hazardous ground, and you have to be careful traveling through this area. I've heard there's water that's so acidic it melts skin, and lava and steam come from the vents all the way until you make it to the forest and even in some areas through there."

Shaking her head, she was grateful for her continued immortality, and the fact that she had wings. She could not imagine traveling through such an area on foot. It was much easier to fly, even if she had chosen to weave her way up the volcano to find a solution.

Waiting quietly for her new acquaintance, she spoke again softly. "I am Aeoloni by the way, and this is my friend Alahna."

"Aeoloni Speaks"
Aeoloni Thinks
"Alahna Speaks"

Word Count: 297
Notes: <3
Durg

we were meant to walk.
aeoloni
image | coding