Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Site-Wide Plot A Day of Ash and Smoke

played by TrinitySilph
Vata

Female
25 (Immortal)
Andalusian x Cob
Faern Cascades
Bisexual
0dd

Nelayryn

The world burned.

Smoke and ash and charcoal as far as the eye could see, and her new kingdom reduced to embers.  Nelayryn's heart trembled and she struggled to hold back the tears.  How could this have happened?  They blamed her, for a time.  Her and her alien eyes and her many wings.  Llewel had promised to end it... but he was such a little thing, and she was loathe to allow him to put himself in any real danger.  
The empress stood now in the open-air gallery housing the crystal bell, bathing in its brilliance as she gazed miserably at the ashes she ruled.  So close to the cascades, things were a little better... Those who could now made their way to the water's edge, and were always welcome in the Palace itself, but it wasn't enough.

”Am I Empress, or am I a worm?” the seraph muttered to herself, centring her weight more evenly across all four hooves.  None had yet found the culprit of the blaze, be it living beast or will of the gods, but they didn't have her eyes, her light.  What was the point of her, if not to guide and protect her people?  Calling Llewel to her – and the dragon came reluctantly indeed – the Empress leaped out of the tower.

The wind caught her wings halfway down, and she swooped out, through the polluted air and over the ash-grey wilderness, until her flight carried her to the highest place in her kingdom outside of the Palace itself – the grand mesa in the plains.  She alighted atop the great stone.  The world stretched around and around, endless... and endlessly burning.

Llewel whined nervously and clung to her mane.  She lifted her wings to shield him a little.  ”I need more eyes than mine, little brother,” she murmured.  ”Look around... Something feels off – something will be there that should not be.”
The little dragon whined again, but peaked his head over her wings and looked behind and around, where even her many eyes could not see.
”I don't see anything...” he huffed.  "It's all smoke!"
”Keep looking,” she replied.  ”We'll move on when we're sure.”
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Vasta

Male
Timber Wolf
Homeless
Heterosexual

Ryndir

Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
It was as if the world had turned into a barren wasteland. They had escaped Ellenora to land in a strange land full of magic and covered in ash and smoke. It was an irony, and Ryndir wondered if the gods here were angry of if perhaps something else had to be going on.

It was a strange dilemma, and he was new enough to the land that he knew he could not possibly know every myth or legend that turned into reality, but at least he could look.

Soaring out on his broad wings, he enjoyed the wind in face, even if it was gritty with ash and hot as a furnace. He flew a long ways, losing himself to the beating of his sienna wings.

Finally, he landed on an outcrop. Covered in ash as the whole land seemed to be. It was a pity. He was sure this was normally a gorgeous place. Or maybe this land always burned like this.

As he landed, he noticed a stark white figure with many wings, like some seraph, standing before him. Angelic, though she looked somewhat at a loss, a small dragon perching in her long mane.

Walking up to her, he realized that she must be the empress of Vata, Queen of the Equines. Lowering his antlered head in a bow, he put a paw forward in a gesture of respect.

"Greetings. You must be the Empress Nelaynryn of Vata. I am Ryndir, Shaman and Healer of Vasta. Please excuse me if I am overly blunt, but you look troubled. Is there any way I can be of service?"

OOC: I'm so sorry this is short, but I wanted to get this in before leaving for work.
Word Count:
Nelayryn

Ryndir
Find Quote

played by TrinitySilph
Vata

Female
25 (Immortal)
Andalusian x Cob
Faern Cascades
Bisexual
0dd

Nelayryn

The Empress looked over her territory and all she could see was smoke. Smoke and fire and ash... her heart sank. What was there to be done in a nightmare such as this? Llewel stayed quiet, but she knew he could feel her despair, despite how much she tried to stay hopeful. Should she not find the culprit... she feared for her people more than her crown, but how could she keep their trust if she couldn't even protect them from this fire?

She took a breath, and coughed as she inhaled smoke and ash. Llewel whined softly on her back.
”I'm ok, little brother,” she murmured when she could breathe again. ”... but perhaps it's time we get off this rock.”
It was too soon to be defeated, but the mesa reached high, and its height put it directly into the path of the smoke. In normal circumstances it would have been a fine watchtower, but now...

She turned away from the light of the distant Crystal Bell, hardly even visible through the smoke, and prepared to lift off... but paused.
Something, or someone was swooping through the smoke. ”What in the world...?” she murmured. Llewel growled softly.

It was a wolf. ... of a sort.
The creature was winged, and bore antlers like a great buck, and Nelayryn watched him closely. Could this be her foe? No... this was a creature of Vasta... but that was just as worrying, for just recently, many in Vasta and Ventri had tried to blame Nelayryn herself for the fires.

She nodded to the strange wolf's question. ”I am indeed,” she replied. ”A pleasure to meet you, Ryndir.”
He... offered help? She hadn't expected that. ”All are troubled, surrounded by disaster as we are,” she sighed. ”I'm not sure there's much anyone can do... but if you are willing, I would gladly accept another pair of eyes – we are searching for the source of the wildfires. Will you join us?”

Find Quote