Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Open Home Is Where The Heart Is

played by Rora
Wilder

Female
20 years
Tiger
Homeless
Heterosexual

Aithne

Aithne

Aithne was unsure exactly how she had gotten into these lands. She had been simply wandering along, when she stepped into a beautiful stone archway. She hadn't thought anything about the archway, as she had barely paid it any mind, but when she exited the archway she realized she had been transported into another land. Curious, she decided to keep going. Besides, she wasn't sure if there was a way back. Perhaps the archway would lead her back into some other random area instead of home. 

The area was a glorious green color, full of life. Huge trees towered above her average sized body, making her feel much like an insect in the large world. It seemed anything could pop out from behind the trees in an area such as this. Still, Aithne trudged on. Cautiously. Her ears would prick at any small sound, on full alert. Branches cracked under her weight as she walked, rather unsure of herself. Something about this forest just made her feel uncomfortable. 

Finally the area opened up, trees spaced out. There was a very large lake in the center. The flowing water seemed to calm the young tigress' nerves. This wasn't too bad of a place. Sure, she could hear birds and other small creatures rustling in the background, but nothing would harm her today. Taking a deep breath, the ash colored female sauntered to the edge of the water, bright yellow eyes peering into the crystal water. It was beautiful, not scary at all. 

This. This may be my new home, she thought as she slowly dipped her head for a refreshing drink.

OOC: Sorry it's super short! Dx Anyone is welcome to join!<3

"Speak"
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Vata

Male
Azteca
Homeless
Bisexual

Zephyr

Zephyr

Making his way through the forest, the tall stallion marveled at the tall green trees and the underbrush that towered around him. Though he should have been on the alert for danger, the stud never took such precautions and preferred to live life on the edge. This land was so magical, so mystical! It was as if figurative pixie dust was glittering on each leaf, each blade of grass, filling the land with strange wonders and sights. It all started with the portals for him. The strange magic, the strange markings, phenomenon. He had met a few others, but had spoken little with them. Apparently this place was Aspasia and the portals helped you leap from one location to another... It was... Fascinating.

Seeing a brightly hued bird leap from one branch to another, the stallion perked his long ears, the feathers along his crest bouncing with his motion. Mesmerized, he followed it through the trees, hardly paying any attention to where he was going. It was green and red and blue, with a long feathered tail, and it made the most impressive noises. Maybe he could follow it to where it lived and find it's home. Oh how neat it would be to own one himself!

Moving along, and unbeknownst to him, he came to a large lake, he was still following the bird, so it had only barely been brought to his attention. Splashing through the shallows, he skirted along the edge, breathing a sight of relief when the bird didn't fly straight over the center. He didn't want to lose his new friend, not yet, and the thought of swimming that far seemed unappealing. He was a horse built for running, not some sort of strange feathered fish with hooves. How strange indeed it would have been if he had fins and gills instead of lungs and hooves!

Chuckling at the thought, he didn't notice the dark tiger that he was merely feet from. Finally, at the last minute, her dark silhouette caught his eye. Jumping into the air with surprise, he shouted. "AH! Tiger! Don't hurt me!" It was probably not his best response, but leaping several feet away, he watched her panting. Really hoping it wouldn't eat him.

Notes: He's a dork xD Your post was awesome btw!
Word Count: 373
x|x

Aithne
Find Quote

played by Rora
Wilder

Female
20 years
Tiger
Homeless
Heterosexual

Aithne

Aithne

It had been a little over a year since the tiger's mother had died. Even now, she couldn't get the thoughts out of her head. She missed her dearly, and time had not yet healed the wounds that covered her broken heart. If she had just gotten to her mother quick enough to tell her the berries were poisonous, or better yet, told her not to eat any berries at all---perhaps her mother would still be next to her side this very day. Oh, how her mother would have loved this land. Her mother loved to watch birds as they danced atop the trees, singing their beautiful tunes. She raised her head from the water, closing her eyes and listening to the birds in the distance, peacefully singing to eachother as birds do. She smiled, imaging her mother watching excitedly beside her, in that innocent way she always did.

Lost in her own mind, the tigress had not noticed the splashing sounds of a creature approaching her at high speeds. It wasn't until a scream pierced her thoughts did she open her bright yellow eyes and set them upon a stallion mere feet away. The tigress startled herself, jumping a bit, hair standing on end and tails up. She blinked and regained composure. "Hurt you? You're the one that charged up to me!" she exclaimed, still somewhat upset at herself for not noticing such a large creature approaching. She shouldn't have let her guard down so long.

The tigress took a moment to gaze over the stallion's body. He was a fawn brown color, with leopard spots and a muscular frame. Orange feathers sat atop his head and as his tail. Aithne's head cocked to the side in interest. "Well aren't you an interesting stallion. I've never seen a horse with feathers. Can you fly, too?" she asked with a giggle. It wasn't a serious question, although she was curious if this horse was somewhat part bird or something. He certainly was a handsome creature though, the colors very visually pleasing to the eye.

Aithne blinked. If he was part bird, were there other odd creatures like him here? Perhaps some kind of alligator horse hybrid that could eat her in one bite? Aithne looked down at her paws, had she changed form since she came through the archway? It wasn't unreasonable to believe she could have. Traveling through a portal and out into another land had been enough to teach Aithne that certainly anything was possible. Looking back up at the stallion, her voice took on a serious tone. She was going to find the meaning of all this. "What is this place, where am I? It all seems so... magical."

OOC: Thanks! I totally need a different table for Aithne Dx One that accurately depicts her appearance lol This one was from the other site where I couldn't have ashes or embers haha.
Word Count: 452

"Speak"

@Zephyr
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Vata

Male
Azteca
Homeless
Bisexual

Zephyr

Zephyr

Seeing the tiger's hair on end, the way she made herself appear bigger at his presence scared him. Didn't cats, even tigers do that when they were angry? Fear entering his turquoise eyes, he took a few more frightened steps backwards. He was done, so done. She would eat him... gnaw on his bones... spit out his remains. He could try to run away, but he had heard stories from his mother as a child that tigers could jump 100 feet and would eat naughty children who strayed too far away from their mothers. He was an adult now, but dang, tigers could still eat him, and he was wandering around alone...

"Hurt you? You're the one that charged up to me!" Stopping, his long ears perked slightly more forward and hope entered his eyes. "Wai... Wait... You're not going to eat me?" He blurted out. He was absolutely sure that she was going to eat him. Stranger still... she could... talk? "Wait, you're... a tiger? How are you talking to me?" He blurted again. Backing a few more steps, still not trusting that this wasn't somehow an illusion, and wondering if perhaps he had been a bad boy and this was karma coming back at him for his actions somehow, he watched her uncertainly. He knew he was being rude, but he was so startled. His feathers still standing on end, giving him a rather frightened appearance. He was an open book, and he hated it. He couldn't even pretend to be brave in a situation such as this. It was too obvious that he had been absolutely, utterly, downright, terrified.

Realizing that perhaps he was being rude... or no, he was being rude, he brought his gaze back up to her and tried to still his fidgeting and allow the adult reasoning side of his mind to think. If she was talking to him, somewhat reasonably, asking about  his feathers, she didn't mean to harm him. At least not yet. Right?

"Ummm... I'm sorry. I'm being rude... I was just startled" Lowering his head he looked quite abashed before answering his questions, his feathers flopping down from their upright position. "No... I don't know why though. That would be quite fun. I've always wanted to fly." Noticing the embers radiating around the tiger and the smoke pouring from his paws, he stopped himself from backing away again. She wasn't some sort of a demon was she? No, she couldn't be. She would have eaten him already if she was, right? Bringing himself back to the more positive, hoping she hadn't noticed the fact that his gaze had halted on her, his eyes momentarily growing large in fear again, though his breath had never slowed from being startled the first time, he spoke again, forcing the trembling from his voice. "You... seem quite interesting yourself. Can you control the sparks? They don't burn do they?" She didn't seem like she was in pain from them, but one could never know. Maybe she was used to the pain.

Turning to her question, he bit his bottom lip in thought. "Well... I had someone tell me it was called Aspaisia. It's such a weird land. There's so much weird shit here. Like really weird. Did you know there's portals with strange runes? Yeah. It's absurd." Realizing that he was starting to ramble, he stopped abruptly, bringing himself back to the situation. "Oh, um... Anyways, I'm rambling. It's Aspasia, and it's a weird land. I don't know much else about it 'cause I haven't been here that long. I'm guessing you just got here? Did you walk through a portal too?"

Still mildly shaken, but reverting back to his normal sporadic self, he watched the tigress, wondering how she would react further to his questions.

Notes: I have a feeling they might become fast friends once he gets past his... uncertainty LOL
Word Count: 633
x|x

Aithne
Find Quote