Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Reserved Have a Little Faith

played by ImogenCrusader
Wilder

Female
Wolf
Empress of Homeless
Asexual

Cinders

Cinders hadn't exactly had the best sort of education. Her parents had done the best they could for her of course, but they were poor and one didn't need to know much to tend the land. But religion had always been something they stressed in her upbringng, that the gods and goddesses were important and she ought to respect, love, and worship them. She had been too young before to truly give it thought, but when she had heard there was a temple so close to the lake she had started to beleive those lessons of her mother, about divine timing and fate.

Of course, any child whose entire family has been murdered like hers will have reason to take issue with the divine. But not these specific divines at least. No she knew the Goddess of the Lake and the God of the Mountain had nothing to do with that, and she wasn't going to blame them simply to have a person to blame. She would remember the faces of those soldiers to her dying day, she knew where to place her blame, and had been through too much to unfairly blame those who weren't responsible.

Especially not when she could pray to them for help

It felt a little foolish, suddenly praying to the gods for aid. She had never prayed to these specific gods in her life, and here she was, praying for their aid and guidance! But she had no choice, she had no one to turn to, she didn't even know if she would make it to the next morning, prayer and supplication was the only thing she had and she only had that due to chance. So as foolish as she felt, she shifted into her human form, knelt before the altar, folded her hands before her chest, and rested her forehead against them as she prayed quietly.

"Azuli I pray that you will wash this blood from my body. Clear out the taint and infection that has infected me ever since that night, grant me peace, grant me release. Wash the blood of my family away and clear away the pain, make me clean once more. And if the day should come that I may avenge my family, I pray that then too you would cleanse me,"

Revenge, avengement, the words tasted odd on her tongue. She had only killed what she needed in order to survive thus far, a sad but necessary duty and one she was taught was acceptable to do so long as you were thoughtful about it. But if she discovered who those men where, if she found them, if she could fight and wound them, could she see the act through to the end? Truly? Was that justice or was anger guiding her? Mother always had called her a hothead, but she felt like she'd cooled significantly since she'd had to become more independant.

Since those men and their leader took everything from her.

"Bori I pray that you will shelter me in your arms. Provide me warmth and security, house me from this strange and unfamilliar world. You are the only one I feel I can trust to watch over me, please, watch over me and keep me safe, keep me alive, for I am sure there must be some reason I alone was spared,"

The tears were pricking at her eyes now, she wanted to just burst into tears and start sobbing. But she knew better, she needed to finish the prayer properly, not be swallowed by her emotions. That is what children do, and she does not have the luxury of being a child anymore. Physically she is alone in the world, and if she made a bad impression here, then she would be alone entirely. So whatever hybrid mix of adult and child she was, she needed to keep it together just a moment longer.

But before she could find the words to end the prayer she heard a noise behind her, and the temple had been abandoned when she entered. Instinct overriding will she stood and spun around backing up rapidly towards the nearest corner, fear pulsing in her veins.

"W who's there!?" she demanded of the darkness, as if it might answer and give her a response. Because the truth was, she was just a child, who still beleived childish things. No matter how much she tried to be a grown up

OOC/Tags:  Put mentions or something ooc here.
Table © Camy | Image © Name
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Wilder

Female
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual

Aeoloni

The night was warm, cooler, than it had been, but still warm. With the mysterious blight plaguing the land, the stars were hidden by the smoke of the realm. It seemed a sad fate. She had left one land to begin anew in one that seemed war torn and was burning in pillars of ash and smoke. She would do everything she could to help, but still, there was not much she could do. In all her years alive, she had not seen a thing like this. A burning that seemed to engulf the whole world. True, she lived in the land of immortals for millennium. Any time here was but a petal in the breeze, even if it seemed different. It seemed to stretch in a way that it hadn't been before. Whereas the years seemed to fly by... the years here, in the mortal realms, seemed to meander. She could see those around her age, even if she apparently still held traits to the immortality she once had in the land of her origins. She wondered if she could even die. What would happen if she died? Would she go back home, her mission complete? Either way these were not the things she was contemplating. What brought her here was more than her curiosities of her immortality, the world around her flying by in the breeze.

Lowering her head, she walked through the doorway in her equine form. It was the shape most familiar to her. It was the skin she had spent centuries living and breathing in. She had been in others, indeed, she had been in many other forms for various missions, but this was her favorite. Familiar, powerful, graceful. With her violet tipped seraphic wings folded gently against her sides, the dragon sleeping soundly between her shoulderblades, she entered the temple. The air was cooler, cleaner than the ash sodden air outside, yet at the same time a little stuffy as it was in many underground places.

Walking through the dimly lit chamber, the crystalline chandeliers providing sparkling light she made her way forward. From the darkness she could hear a small sobbing voice making its way towards her. Even with her hooves, she was stealthy. The soft crescendos of her breath, the quiet clatter of her hooves not traveling more than a few feet. It sounded like a child, a small child, opening her heart up to the god and goddess of this place. Her heart went out to her. No child deserved to suffer such pain.

As she came closer she could hear her words. Begging, pleading.

"Bori I pray that you will shelter me in your arms. Provide me warmth and security, house me from this strange and unfamilliar world. You are the only one I feel I can trust to watch over me, please, watch over me and keep me safe, keep me alive, for I am sure there must be some reason I alone was spared,"

Those were words no child should be praying. Not one that was supposed to be so small and helpless, and as she drew closer to the altar the child must have heard her as she cried out in fear as she tried to hide, her grubby clothes and complexion contrasting against her pale skin in the dark candlelight.

Lowering her head, her eyes kind, Aeoloni paused. She did not want to frighten the girl anymore than she already had.

"It's alright. I won't hurt you, I promise." Stepping forward, her soft voice ringing gently through the halls, she stepped forward into the candlelight.  Her lithe pale form angelic, powerful, yet graceful. "I am Aeoloni, what are you doing her by yourself? Are you alright?"

She had already heard the child's prayer and was touched by the words, but she wanted to hear it from the girl herself. She would help her in whatever way she could.

"Aeoloni Speaks"
Aeoloni Thinks
"Alahna Speaks"

Word Count: 652
Muse: 10/10
Notes: Oh the feels!
Cinders

There are no wrong turnings.
Only paths we had not known
we were meant to walk.
aeoloni
image | coding
Find Quote

played by ImogenCrusader
Wilder

Female
Wolf
Empress of Homeless
Asexual

Cinders

For all Cinders had once been afraid upon hearing the noise in the empty temple, a good deal of that faded when the creature stepped into the light. She was the most beautiful horse she had ever seen, she even had wings! Cinders couldn't help but edge away from her hiding spot. However she was still cautious enough to shift into her wolf form, which if possible, looked even worse. While she had bathed earlier, and her human form was clean from the blood, she never learned how to properly clean her wolf form and there were still knotted clumps of blood in her fur that she had never been taught how to remove. Mostly because her parents had never expected her to get blood on her wolf form, she was a farmer, not a hunter

"My name is Cinders, and I'm fine, I just came to pray," it was a boldfaced lie, and one she knew wouldn't be beleived after one look at her, especially in this form. But even if she told her the truth, what then? Cinders knew she needed help, but who was to say that this person would help her. She didn't know how to tell who to trust anymore, those men who killed her family looked like what she would normally call trustworthy, and no matter how beautiful this creature looked what if she was like them?

"I just came to the city hoping to trade for supplies, and I thought I'd pray to the gods before heading home," that lie, at least, sounded plausible, made her look like she was expected, that she even had a family to go back to. Because the truth was she didn't know how to trust, how to vet someone, how to know if she would be safe explaining the situation. To her the world were all just those men wearing different masks and it terrified her, because she needed help and she couldn't get it even when it was right in front of her.

Because yes, Aeoloni, she did need help, more than you could even imagine.

OOC/Tags:  Call her bluff Aeol, it's the only way! xD
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Wilder

Female
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual

Aeoloni

She could see the child's fear, even before she shifted into a really dirty blood covered wolf. She could still see hints of white through her fur, but she could see fear, and deep within, she felt perhaps a sense of desperation, and even a tinge of anger.

"My name is Cinders, and I'm fine, I just came to pray,"

Nodding her head, Aeo listened to the wolf's words, taking them to thought and waiting a few breaths before answering. "We all come to speak to the gods when we need something, especially when we need it desperately. That is unless we turn angry and turn away from them and from others."

Shifting into her human form, unafraid of the young wolf, she sat on the floor, cross-legged in her dress, back against a tall pillar. Even if the child attacked her, even in her human form, she was unafraid. She had battled before many times, and there was not much that a child her size, even with fangs could do against her out of fear or otherwise. At least not much that she hadn't endured before. This was the position she was least threatening, the most vulnerable so to speak. She wanted the child to trust her and not be afraid.

"I just came to the city hoping to trade for supplies, and I thought I'd pray to the gods before heading home,"

"I'm sure you did." She said softly, agreeing outwardly, yet not believing her. Someone so grubby, dressed as an urchin, covered in blood in their wolf form, would not be here to trade. Nor one so young. She was no more than a child. Aeo could not guess her age since she was used to being around immortals, used to the ageless faces that never appeared older than their mid twenties, but she could tell she was young. And she was alone. Not something she thought a child would be at this hour.

"You never answered my question though. Are you alright? Something tells me that most people your age wouldn't be here alone at this hour, and your need must be pressing if you are." Bringing it back to the topic at hand, she pressed with her usual bluntness. She knew something was up with the child, she just wanted to hear it herself before she decided her plan of action.

"Aeoloni Speaks"
Aeoloni Thinks
"Alahna Speaks"

Word Count: 396
Cinders

we were meant to walk.
aeoloni
image | coding
Find Quote

played by ImogenCrusader
Wilder

Female
Wolf
Empress of Homeless
Asexual

Cinders

When the woman shifted from a horse to a human Cinders lowered her own guard, no longer looking quite as agressive or on edge as she had once looked, but still cautious and unsure, and still in the form of the wolf as she watched her carefully. Ears alert as she listened intently to everything the strange woman was saying, still not sure how much she could trust her. But in a dress, unarmed, on the floor before her, she was certainly less scared of her than she had been as a larger horse whose hooves could trample her alive.

"I don't have the luxury of shunning others I....it's just me now, I need all the help I could possibly call upon," she admits cautiously with a slightly bitter smile pulling at her lips as she glanced back at the altars, hoping that even interrupted as it was the gods had heard her, because right now, they were the only ones she could possibly count on for aid, after her encounter at the lake, she had realised she was in no condition to handle society yet, so she couldn't go into town and trade after all.

But she was right about Cinders being desperate.

"You wouldn't happen to know where I could go to trade things that people wouldn't ask questions would you? The goods aren't stolen or anything but, a little girl on her own tends to draw alot of attention," she explained, for perhaps the first time since this whole ordeal of being on her own began, actually admitting she was just a child in way over her head in the world of adults.

Then, of course, the woman brought the topic back to why she was even here. And of course, Cinders couldn't answer that. What was she supposed to say? Even if this woman was well meaning. The truth would just have her brought to some orphanage and raised with strangers that might hurt her, this wasn't even her land after all. There was no way to phrase it that made it sound safe, and so, as poor a response as it was she opted for silence instead.

OOC/Tags:  Call her bluff Aeol, it's the only way! xD
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Wilder

Female
Arabian x Saddlebred
Homeless
Heterosexual

Aeoloni

Sitting there, Aeoloni could see the small wolf relax slightly. She still looked cautious. Perhaps even afraid, but sitting had let the other see that she meant no harm.

"I don't have the luxury of shunning others I....it's just me now, I need all the help I could possibly call upon."

Feeling her heart go out to the child, the woman felt a small stab of pain for her. She couldn't imagine having to go through what she went to. She knew the mortal world was much different from the land of her origins. Everything was black and white there. Here... things were all different shades of gray, and things that she had never imagined happening happened frequently here. At least more frequently than she would have ever thought.

"You wouldn't happen to know where I could go to trade things that people wouldn't ask questions would you? The goods aren't stolen or anything but, a little girl on her own tends to draw a lot of attention."

Listening intently, she could imagine the desperation of the child. She was desperately trying to be an adult when she was no more than a small child. Aeo commended that. She also seemed old and wise for her years. Though she could not put a finger on Cinder's age, the other children she had met were very naive and innocent. This child seemed to have little of neither. It seemed she knew her danger. She certainly had pluck.

"You are right. You would draw a lot of attention on your own, and even if you didn't draw look, people would ask questions." Nodding her head, the woman drifted into quiet thought for a moment before continuing "Perhaps there's another answer to your question though."

Giving the girl a look, she measured her with her eyes, wishing she had more of the ability she had in her homeland. Right now, she could gain no insight on Cinders besides the fact that she was desperate and she was hurting. Those were obvious by the looks of her anyways. Mentally shaking her head, she looked sadly at Cinders, the compassion evident on her features.

"I know you know nothing about me, but why don't you come with me? I can help you get what you need, and we can go from there. At the very least, I can give you a place to stay and some food to eat. I could also help you get a bath... It looks like you've been through a lot, and feeling clean gives one a new outlook on life."

Still sitting there, she laid her hands gently in her lap. Never moving from the column she was sitting against. She took the wolf's silence to her last question as answer enough. For now, she would not pry. She wanted to know more about her history, but she knew she couldn't force her to open up. Perhaps time and rest would make her more willing to talk about it. She could tell that she was obviously not alright, so there was no point pushing. She would do what she could to help her and worry about the rest later.

"Aeoloni Speaks"
Aeoloni Thinks
"Alahna Speaks"

Word Count: 529
Cinders

we were meant to walk.
aeoloni
image | coding