Legends ofAmarna

Warning! The anathema is here.

The doctrine that poisoned the souls of many, that wrought blood against blood, life against life. Aspasia has not been the same, nor will it ever be. As history fades into legend, and legend into myth, so too are the whispers of peace that had once brought each of the races together in harmony. As such a time faded into history, so does the chaos grow - the resentment that breeds loathing - that brings about war.

With the world pitted against each other, each race, equines, canines, and felines taking sides, the question is, which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Open All burdens I will leave ashore...

played by Otis
Wilder

Male
Baroque / Catfish
Homeless
Omnisexual

Tracker / Plotter

Sumec

Sumec heard the voice boom in his head. His god had heard him. He took a long, labored, breath and exhaled heavily as he stood letting the water drip off his body.  “If that is what you wish of me…” he spoke quietly and stepped out of the water. The sound of the droplets echoed as they splashed against the stone floor. Lowering his head, Sumec watched as the water fell to the floor and fled back to its home.

His slow trek out of the temple and back out into the cold mountains gave him time to think. Reflect on his request and the payment that was asked of him. He couldn’t swim the distance to the land his God spoke of. The fording of the river to the south was made easy by the small islands north east of the swamp near the land of felines. He’d need to find a small boat to cross the river and get to the island, but this mean interacting with others, something he hadn’t done in roughly ten years. He stepped out in to the rising dawn, and looked south. “Lonely I said…” He sighed heavily. “have I made a mistake?”

Sumec made his way back down though the Laurel Woods. This time he took his time, still avoiding the nearby city, but enjoying his cold venture through the evergreen forest. After a slow couple of days, he stood at the edge of the forest looking towards the outskirts of Perigrin Port. He could venture into the city and get a boat or continue around it and head south back to the swamps and travel north again towards the Portals and enter that way. After some time, contemplating, he decided to take his chance as a human.

Sumec wandered into town. He was wearing ragged, mildewed, clothes looked as if he just pulled himself up from the sewers. His bright red hair was matted and greasy, and his vitiligo patches were sickly pale against his wind burnt, dry, skin. His murky green eyes scanned the people around him as he shuffled towards the docks. Perhaps this had been a mistake. The idea of fleeing and heading south to take the long way seemed very appealing in this moment.

WC: 377

Find Quote