Legends ofAmarna

The hourglass drips on and on, and over time history fades.

What is truth to a king? A tyrant? A god?

And you? What do you value most?

Once upon a time, the land of Aspasia prospered under the peaceful rule of a grand council. Now it's kingdoms lay shattered, its people divided, and its most ancient civilization forgotten. After a thousand years of struggle and the recent opening of ancient portals, long considered obsolete, the world is changing, and its inhabitants struggling. Each choice, each decision, now more important than ever. And you? Which side will you choose?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Open Oops. I Think I Just Started a Fire...

played by Hoofbeats
Wilder

Male
Azteca Horse
Homeless
Polysexual

Zephyr

Zephyr

Aaaah.... aaaaahhhhh.... ACHOOOO

The sound seemed to echo through the quiet of the savanna, the dry heat of the day and the current drought only making the floating dust much worse than the equine could bear. Why ever did this land have to suck so much? First no rain, then heat, then no winter, and then more heat, and then fires and more dust and ugh... allergens... so many fucking allergens. 

His poor nose...

Speaking of fires... he paused, scenting the air with nostrils wide open. He could smell smoke. That certainly wasn't good... no, that was bad, very very bad. He was trying to avoid the smoke and the fires and here it was, smoke rising from the ground underneath him.

Aaaah! He shouted in shock and surprise. Smoke was indeed rising up from the ground beneath him, and small tendrils of brand new flame wrapped around the stalks of long dry grass. Unknown to him, his sneeze had carried small sparks from his nose, an unknown ability to create and manipulate fire, unintentionally starting the small blaze on the ground before him.

No, no, no, this can't be happening. How did a fire start here of all places? He was rushed and fearful. He had to put it out before it got bigger. He didn't want to die, he didn't want to be set ablaze or devoured by the growing flames.

Jumping up and down, he tried to tromp the flames down beneath his hooves. All he succeeded in doing was bringing the fire closer to the ground. He jumped some more and started adding circles in. IT WASN'T WORKING.

Oh my god, what am I supposed to do? No, this can't happen, shouldn't be happening. He was in an utter panic now, a near meltdown threatening to shut down his entire mental capacity. Oh! I know. He knew this was going to hurt, but in a desperate attempt to stop the blaze, he ground his teeth together and sat on the small fire. His hide sizzled and he could feel the hairs and the skin on his rump burning. The acrid stench of burning flesh filled his nose as smoke rose from where the fire was. His planned had worked. His ass burned for it, but the rest of the savanna was intact for now.

Breathing a sigh of relief, he sat there another minute to make sure the flames were completely abolished. He looked a complete fool, but it was better than what could have been.

What set off that fire anyways?

Notes: BAHAHAHA
Word Count: 426
x|x
Find Quote

played by AshFisher
Wilder

Male
Coyote
Homeless
Polysexual

Andrew Cross

Smoke caught his attention first, and since he was in his animalistic form-which was still odd for him to know about and use-he padded towards it. Though the area was quite dry, a fire should not really occur randomly. At least not as far as Andrew knew, but since people here could turn into animals of all things, who knew what other strange things could happen? As he reached the area he was sure the smoke was coming from he saw...a horse.

The horse was trying to put the fire out, clearly panicked, and finally just sat on it!! "What the..." If that wasn't the strangest thing he had seen so far he would eat his own scarf. Shaking his head he shifted, changing into his human form and adjusting his glasses before straightening his coat and aforementioned scarf. Then he approached cautiously, eyeing the animal and the newly snuffed flames with a mix of concern and befuddlement. 

"Are...you okay?" It was a stupid question considering that the horse was surely burned. Still, again, Andrew didn't know what other things were possible in these lands, so for all he knew such a action could be performed without any harm being done.

207 words | @Zephyr
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Wilder

Male
Azteca Horse
Homeless
Polysexual

Zephyr

Zephyr

Swiveling a single long ear, the feathered equine jumped in startlement and  looked in the direction of the sound. Very clearly words had been spoken to him, but in his moments of panic he had utterly ignored his surroundings and had no idea someone had been nearby to witness his... dilemma...

Oh dear, he probably looked an absolute and complete fool. Shaking his head, he paused briefly and had to recall the stranger's words. It had been a moment and he probably seemed very extremely slow. In reality he was still very shell shocked.

"Oh ummm.... well... I think so?" Rising to all four feet he sneezed. Loudly. Fuck. Why did this always happen to him?

The smoke had stopped rising from his singed feathers and hide, but the acrid stench of burned flesh could still be smelled quite clearly in the air. He felt a wave of embarrassment surge over him as he finally spotted the man who had spoken to him. He was tall and blond with white streaks in his hair. He looked just as confused as Zephyr felt.

Wincing, the stallion gritted his teeth, his butt did indeed hurt, and turning his head towards it he could see raw skin peeking out where the hairs had been burned away. Ah never mind. No time for that now. He should probably pay attention to the person nearby. He would heal it time. Besides, it could have been far worse, right? He could have lit the whole savanna on fire and then they'd both be toast. Quite literally.

My ass is fairly burned, but I suppose it'll be fine. At least that fire was put out before it could burn everything down...

Sneezing again, he mumbled incoherently about his allergies before looking at the man. "You don't suppose you have any idea what started the fire, do you? Otherwise I'm at a loss."

Notes: BAHAHAHA
Word Count: 316
Andrew Cross
x|x
Find Quote

played by AshFisher
Wilder

Male
Coyote
Homeless
Polysexual

Andrew Cross

Andrew took in the words and could smell the result before he saw it. Grimacing in sympathy he slowly shook his head "No...I was too far away to see what started it. Good on you for stopping it before it got worse." In this kind a place a fire could spread fairly fast he bet. Not that he knew a whole lot about life on land compared to at sea, but he knew enough to get by. What he didn't know he could easily learn, he was no halfwit after all.

Eyeing the horse's behind again he sighed and then looked around "I don't suppose there is a healer around here either eh? Quite a predicament." Surely the horse would be in discomfort if not pain despite the words that came forth saying he would be fine. A burn was no laughing matter, especially if it was not at least tended to by a cleaning. Wounds could get infected surprisingly quick...at least from Andrew's experience. 

"If there was water nearby...I could clean it" he had not noticed any on the way here, but perhaps the horse knew of some. "I'm Andrew by the way" he offered with a smile "I'm sorry we had to meet under such...unusual circumstances." 

218 words | @Zephyr
Find Quote

played by Hoofbeats
Wilder

Male
Azteca Horse
Homeless
Polysexual

Zephyr

Zephyr

The man who had approached him seemed kind enough and even though his hide was singed it was nice knowing that someone with a level head was here. Not that he wasn't level-headed... at least in his fairly decent opinion of himself, but he had just went through quite the ordeal and panic and pain weren't always the best factors for clear thinking.

The stallion coughed again slightly, a faint wheezing in his lungs becoming audible. He really needed to find a more tropical climate... He was not well suited for dry weather or the cold. Dust was the bane of his existence, and anything below fairly warm to burning hot was too cold for his tastes. Feathers were not good at keeping one's rear end warm, or anything warm for that matter.

Snapping back to reality, he was sure his gaze had clouded over, though it had been but a second, maybe two. Time couldn't quite be measured when one was lost in though. "Well, um... I don't know of any healers. I've been wandering for several weeks though trying to find something in this blasted land that isn't on fire, dusty, or cold. I've met a few people, but half of them skirt really far around me or give me nasty glances that make me think they're going to rob me... not that I've got anything on me to rob... Either way, it seems you're the first friendly person I've run into in quite a while."

Giving a half-hearted laugh which turned into another faint cough, he sneezed. Dammit! He was a disaster.

"Clea... cleaning it would be good. It might smart, but it would be better than just leaving it" He flinched slightly as a fly landed on his rump. It already smarted. Bad.

"I think I saw a watering hole back that way a mile or so." He motioned back the way he had came... before he had lit his rear end on fire. "Not that it's much but it was something. Unless of course, you know of any towns anywhere? I haven't found any yet, but there's people so there must be a town or a village somewhere... Are you from around here by any chance?" The question simply sprang out of his mouth with no forethought on whether the question would be taken wrongly or not. He doubted it would, but he didn't know  the blond man in the least.

"Oh yes, I apologize. My name is Zephyr. These circumstances are unfortunate, but I must admit I am thankful to finally meet another friendly face."

Notes: Sorry about the tangents. Zephyr is really bad at staying focused.
Word Count: 431
Andrew Cross
x|x
Find Quote

played by AshFisher
Wilder

Male
Coyote
Homeless
Polysexual

Andrew Cross

Andrew scratched his cheek as the horse-Zephyr?-ramble a little bit. Not that he minded, he sometimes did the same thing, though it was more when he was exited. "A mile isn't that bad" he smiled to show he had been listening and keeping track of the conversation. Then he shook his head "No, I am new to these lands...as a whole. I was simply exploring and getting to know my way around when I noticed the smoke from the fire."

Andrew glanced from the spot where the flames had been to the horse. Could the horse have caused it? Though he would have thought magic a rather impossible thing back home, he wasn't home now, and this land kept offering surprises. Like talking horses, and the fact that the people here could turn into animals. Moving his head, the sun caught on his glasses for a moment, making them glint a little. "Which way was that water?" He wasn't trying to be rude or silence the conversation, but simply figured that the faster they reached the liquid, the sooner that he could help the horse in some manner.

It would be awful if the wound festered, and water was likely good for a burn like that to begin with.

215 words @Zephyr
Find Quote